or Connect

Posts by Julia24

IL/WI Grew up in Chicago suburbs and have lived up here in the FAR north burbs since 95.  Definitely home for us :)
My taste for baby clothes is even more complicated than that.  I want soft and comfortable, #1.  NO obnoxious words, characters, or animals - for sure #2 (though with the toddlers/preschoolers - I have caved and allow such things on jammies and undies.  It makes them happy even if I loathe it! lol)  But beyond that, I want it to FIT.  (so we must have a 'nb' sized stash - my babies stay in that for a good month, at least)  And I have noticed really specific likes - for...
My story still scares ME most days!  I never understood how difficult it is to wrap your brain around a truly unplanned pregnancy! LOL
Hi everybody! :)   Well, here I am.  SURPRISE!!!!  This has been a crazy summer, for sure.  We have three girls, and we were happy with our family.  So much so that last December, dh went and got a vasectomy.  You can imagine how shocked we were when I got a bfp in late June.   I'm due in mid February - I think the actual date is 2/23, but I've never made it to 40w.    And we just found out today that this baby is a BOY!    Crazy.  So, happy to meet you all! :)
I'll probably get flogged for this, but, at some point, especially at 6 months - if he'll take a bottle, maybe just supplement with some formula? It might make him happier, let him feel 'full'. I mean, it sounds to me that you're an experienced nurser and you're doing all the right things, and if he's still HUNGRY, then I think you should FEED him, yk? My gut response with the solids is to just put it down for a few weeks and try again - you want it to be positive...
We skip some Seriously, it's more a matter of all the darn appointments getting the best of me. I have three children and SO much on our schedule, I don't have time for what I consider a silly addition. Plus, I loathe taking them in when they are well bc A) they are exposed to all those sick kids and the germs in the office which isn't exactly super ventilated and B) I have to actually pump myself up ahead of time to deal with the pushy nurses about vaxing. It's such...
Hello ladies!!!! Long time no talk Sounds like all the babies are doing so well! Here's a recent photo of all three girls - I have a cute one of Charlotte today, but my phone is dead so I can't upload it http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4007/...62b1602c13.jpg Charlotte just cut her first two teeth this week (at nearly 10 months - which is normal for my kids) Maddie found it! Charlotte grabbed Maddie's hand and stuck it in her mouth and Maddie screamed -...
and for what it's worth- my third baby is just as happy and laid back as can be and I STILL can't get anything done, so just keeping up with your high needs baby is aLOT. (my first was like that too)
Please. I have THREE now and I've been at this for nearly 8 years and my house is still a wreck. I think I've accepted that someday I'm going to have to be able to afford a cleaning lady or my house will NEVER be clean. period. And btw, I also think part of the problem is that we LIVE in our house, 24/7! I mean, the people whose whole family leave at 7am and don't return until after 5 with kids in bed by 8 have a LOT less time to make a mess, right? I run a home...
I'm convinced people don't have more kids until they've forgotten two things: 1) how much it sucks to be 9 months pregnant and 2) how much work a newborn is I don't forsee that EVER happening for me again, thankyouverymuch! We are DONE!