or Connect

Posts by oneearthmama

Thank you so much for the comments everyone! The support and advice have been more helpful than you can imagine. It's great to have a community of like-minded mamas I can turn to. This week we tried taking him three days in a row (W, TH, F) instead of the usual MWF, and my husband took him today and yesterday. The improvement was amazing. He only cried twice yesterday, and he didn't cry at ALL today! I can't express how happy this makes me. Wednesday was horrible, and I...
Please help! My son will be three in January, and we are having our second child in early January. The discussion of preschool has come up many times, but I was resistant to the idea for a long time. I've always stayed home with him, and we are embracing natural parenting. We still cosleep, and we have a great attached relationship. In September my husband's parents really started pushing the idea of preschool. Everyone agreed it was better to start him a few months...
My son is 14 months and he has started hiding when he has to poop. He's been walking since he was 9 months so he gets around really well. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has any advice on potty training this young? I'm going to get him a little potty and see how he reacts to it. I've been searching the internet and I keep finding all these articles saying 18 month+ is the time to start but then there are also a TON of people talking about how hard it is for their...
Thank you both for your input. I will definitely look into both options. I'm trying to research all my options as much as possible right now.   Thanks!!
Hey fellow natural mamas, I need a little help! Tomorrow I have my annual obgyn appt and I want to change my birth control. I currently have the IUD Mirena which was put in exactly a year ago after my first child was born. I hate it. I'm one of the few who feel that a period is normal and I want to have one. The Mirena prevents it and because I breastfed for the first year I've only had one since he was born!! My emotions feel out of whack and I want it...
We had this exact same problem and we also have a queen mattress and box spring on the floor. Our solution has been to side car his crib turned into a toddler bed. At first he noticed the change so we put an egg crate on top of his crib mattress to make it more comfortable like ours. He has no problem sleeping in the side car bed and if he wakes up in the night and wants to snuggle he can crawl right on over! Good luck with the sex life! I, too, was and still am a new...