or Connect

Posts by WrambleWren

We are a Waldorf- AND unschooling-inspired family.  I agree that the two can coexist.  :)   Another book that wasn't mentioned was You Are Your Child's First Teacher.     Some blogs that I love (besides Carrie's Parenting Passageway, of course!) are:   Farmama - http://farmama.typepad.com/farmama/ She's unschooling but living on a farm, I think a lot of the Waldorf elements are incorporated (time in nature, handwork, rhythm (inherent in farm life!) and from...
  Wee Folk Art has some really sweet seasonal curricula for preschool-aged kids.     We are moderate-heavy Waldorf-inspired with a flair of unschooling (my own description of our family!) and I am still doing 'Waldorf Kindergarten' with my 3 daughters, including the eldest who will be 6 in a few days!  We have done nothing formal to this point, and will continue with 'Waldorf Kindergarten' until she begins 1st grade in the fall.  Since we are...
This is horrible news - people here are angry!  I've never met her but a lot of my friends have had her as their midwife.  
Joy, I'm new here (in fact this is my first post!) but I am a BTDT twin momma of girls (they are 4yo, I also have a nearly 6yo daughter)   For us, having newborn twins was more 'awkward' than 'hard'.  They were a bit early (37 weeks) and small (4#9 and 5#9) and had some breastfeeding challenges (sleepy and small meant that they needed to be finger-fed expressed milk, and were not back to birth weight until 4 weeks old).  I found tandem nursing for most feedings to be...