or Connect

Posts by sallyrae17

I did castor oil the first time around because I was absolutely desperate. Nobody in their right mind would recommend it, but you are not in your right mind at the end of pregnancy. :-P It gave me really strong contractions, but they stopped and my water ended up breaking 2 days later. I drank A LOT of castor oil, so the effects were pretty instant and horrible. Nobody should have to pee out of their butt. LOL. Anyway, if you do it, do it when you have a lot of time to...
  Here I am at 39 weeks, from the side and the back. :) My clothes really don't fit anymore.           All of you mamas look great! I love our big, beautiful bellies!
Congrats! Thanks so much for sharing your story - it's good to have a little humor with things that can be pretty painful and scary (like giving birth). Enjoy your first moments with your babe!!
Congratulations! I'm sure you are so full of mixed emotions right now - both excitement and worry. I will be thinking about you and hope that everything goes well with the surgery. You are a strong mama!!
Since nobody else has started the thread yet this week, I figured I'd do it! How is everyone doing? We're having an explosion of babies right now! I keep looking at the Due Date thread to see who is supposed to be "up next." I'm due on Sunday, but my mom is convinced this little one is coming tomorrow. We'll see. :)   I can't believe we're all having our babies right now!! Yay!   Congrats to everyone who has just given birth!
What an amazing birth story! Congrats, Josie! Thank you so much for sharing. I feel like I'm in the same spot you were in the beginning of your labor - I've been having random periods of time with lots of pressure/contractions and then they just go away. I know this baby is coming sometime soon, though! Your list is definitely helpful and I'm trying to enjoy the space in-between contractions as much as possible!    Rest up and enjoy your time with your baby girl!
Yay!!! Congratulations Boots! For a while last night, I thought I was going to be the next one to have my baby, but my contractions stopped and haven't returned. :)
Here's a quick FYI for everyone on getting breast pumps covered through your insurance! I know a lot of you were hoping to get your pump covered and it appears as though we all can (as long as we have insurance, that is)!!   http://www.ivillage.com/how-get-breast-pumps-covered-insurance/6-a-477000
  You want your babe on the left!! So that's great news for you! I mean, the baby can still turn when s/he is on the right, but it's not as "perfect" of a position. So - hope that babe stays on the left side!   Also, I'm glad you ladies liked that article, it was written by a midwife in MN. :) I think it's pretty accurate and beautiful.
Congratulations! I can't wait to see pictures of your little man! Rest up!