or Connect

Posts by sallyrae17

After briefly looking up macrobid, I totally wouldn't take it. Can you call them and ask for a different antibiotic like cipro or something? I would definitely call your midwife ASAP. Every single website says to not take it during the last 2-4 weeks of pregnancy. Yeesh. Sorry you're in this situation, mama!
Ahh Boots - I'm sorry to hear about your day. That really, really sucks. I totally get the anger and frustration - I'm feeling it as well. My doula passed on this little piece to me today to help me get through some of my recent emotions. Maybe it will help you as well:   http://mothering.com/all-things-mothering/pregnancy-birth/the-last-days-of-pregnancy-a-place-of-in-between
Just as an FYI, I'm planning to do the antibiotic treatment. I'm not allergic to penicillin and having a heplock or IV during labor isn't that big of a deal to me. I mean, I had a c-section the first time around with HELLP syndrome, so this really is nothing for me. I just don't want to worry about my new baby getting sick or developing thrush and/or a yeast infection from the antibiotics. I've had thrush numerous times and it's not fun at all. I don't want to deal with...
  Can you tell me more about the Hibiclens wash and Goldenseal tincture? What exactly did you do? 
I just posted about Group B in the main thread. I also just found out that I'm Group B positive and I'm incredibly upset about it. So, I just want you to know that you aren't alone RedTree. I'm in the exact same spot.
Has anyone else had a positive result with their Group B test? I just got back from the doctor's office and found out that my test came back positive. I'm actually pretty bummed out since I did not expect it at all. I was negative with my son. I can still have a waterbirth, but I'm just frustrated about needing antibiotics when I get there. Also, baby's back has been on the left for months and switched to the right at this appointment (which isn't what I want). I just...
sallyrae17: GP on fb (my real initials are SP)
I'm sorry that you are so freaked out. Anxiety won't help you or your little one at all. So...as far as natural induction stuff, I did pretty much everything I could to not be induced with my last pregnancy and either something worked or my son was just ready to come. I had pre-eclampsia and really didn't want to be induced at the hospital since I was going through a birth center.   I had a lot of membrane sweeps (one at every appointment); drank a castor oil...
I had a c-section the first time around, so I don't know if that made a difference, but the afterbirth pains were just like cramps to me. They weren't bad at all. So, don't freak out! ;) (easier said than done, right?) 
That sounds like pre-labor stuff to me, Lily!