or Connect

Posts by sallyrae17

I'm using prefolds with snappis and a cover. I used them with my first and still love them with my second! I have 24 infant sized prefolds that we're using at the moment and about 8 or 9 covers (mostly bummis).
Here is the link to the KellyMom info on vitamin d drops: http://kellymom.com/nutrition/vitamins/vitamin-d/
I didn't do them with my son because we lived in Texas, but now I'm in Minnesota and there is a serious lack of sun in the winter....so now I don't know. My gut tells me that she doesn't need them, so I might just go with that.   Sol - Thanks for the link. I ended up buying those drops (I found them for $13 on amazon and the only difference I could see was the box). I don't know if I'll use them, but it'll be nice to have something natural around!
Anyone doing Vitamin D supplements? I didn't do them with my first and my pediatrician is kind of pushing them. To clarify, I'm talking about vitamin D drops for my baby, not vitamin D for me. We are exclusively breastfeeding. Thoughts?
We just had our appointment and she is 12 lbs, 8 oz (was 7lbs 15 oz at birth). She's also in the 85th percentile for head size (15 1/2)!!
Lily - I think it's a "cover your ass" situation with your doc. You just have to make sure that you break the suction before pulling it out (obviously). I have the DivaCup and I plan to use it whenever I get a cycle. It's not "advised" to use a menstrual cup with an IUD, but I think you just have to break the suction. If you don't, there's a chance it could pull on your IUD and get it out of place or something. 
I have a Baby Papasan chair and both of my kids have loved it. It has straps, so you can walk away, and sits on my kitchen table. We have an older one and bought it used for maybe $20 on craigslist.   http://www.target.com/p/fisher-price-little-lamb-infant-seat/-/A-11037180?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=Froogle_df&LNM=%7C11037180&CPNG=Baby&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=11037180
Baby M was 7 lbs 15 oz at birth and is somewhere around 13 pounds on our scale (our combined weight minus my weight). She's a pretty sturdy babe!
In order to have more meaning for this poll, I think you should comment with the baby's birth weight. Otherwise, it's just a number with no comparison, right?
I totally do the front facing carry with the moby wrap.