or Connect

Posts by sallyrae17

Baby M was smiling around 3 weeks and rolled over at 6 weeks from belly to back. She's also starting to coo at six weeks. My son started crawling at 4 1/2 months and Baby M seems to be on the same path (but I'm really hoping that she waits - I don't want to worry about her getting into things that early).
I have the exact same problem, so you aren't alone. This is my second time around and I had the same issue last time, but it seems worse this time for some strange reason. I've never fed a baby from both breasts during a feeding. I have way too much! Have you also struggled with a diaper rash that won't seem to go away? We've had that problem and it seems to be a result of the overactive milk supply.
I didn't have very painful letdown the first time around but it's super painful this time. I've also had thrush numerous times and it's not the same pain. So if it just hurts when your milk is coming in, you probably just have painful letdown...and it freaking hurts. I'm right there with you. Thrush, on the other hand, is a different kind of lightning pain that sort of shoots into your breast while your babe is nursing. It can also hurt after they stop nursing. Painful...
Thanks, VV! I'm pretty sure she's reading my soul everytime I look into her eyes. She seems so wise to me as well! Quinn is absolutely adorable! As are the other babies in our group! We each made a pretty beautiful baby!
Gentian violet goes right on your nipples. It's dark purple and stains everything it touches, so you need to wear clothes you don't care about at all. You will have purple nipples and your babe will have a purple mouth, but it the color fades throughout the day. I think I put it on twice a day, so in the morning and at night. I got mine at a Walgreen's when I lived in Texas, but I'd call around first before picking some up. You don't need a prescription or anything, but...
This is Baby M at 5 weeks!    
He'll probably be out of 0-3 month clothes soon. I know that my daughter is between 11 and 12 pounds right now and she fits in 3 month clothes just fine...for the moment. I wouldn't worry about furniture and toys to bring with you. Your son won't play with toys for a while and my son's favorite toys were cardboard toilet paper tubes and yogurt tubs (no joke). So those are easy to come by. :) I would have a wrap or carrier with you on the plane, but otherwise you really...
NewMumJoy - I had thrush three times with my son and he never had white patches in his mouth or a rash. The baby doesn't need to show any signs of thrush for there to be thrush. You still have to treat them, though, since they transfer it back to you every time they eat. I've always used gentian violet and it's worked everytime. I've also taken the grapeseed oil extract pills, garlic pills and probiotics as an extra precaution.
I don't do any vaccines until my kids are 2 years old. I read a bunch of articles about the brain-blood barrier, which doesn't form completely until your kid is two. I don't believe that vaccines *cause* autism, but that they can bring a latent autism to light. In other words, it can act as the trigger. Anyway, I breastfed my son until he was 3 and he stayed at home with me until last week when he started preschool. So he wasn't in contact with a ton of daycare germs....
You can totally shower with your babe, I did it with my son all the time. I just haven't had to do it yet with Baby M. I'm sure she'd love it, though, she loves water. The best way for me to take a shower with both kids is to put Baby M in the bouncer and have my son either take a bath while I shower (with me) or he plays in the basement while I shower in the basement bathroom. We have two bathrooms, so I have two options. I definitely learned how to take really fast...