or Connect

Posts by jeanniebee

I'm so sorry for your loss. 
Thanks so much for the responses!   Hippiemombian, I'm glad to meet you, too! I never really considered it seriously- for the longest time the only reference we had for it was Cat Cora so we thought it was something only celebrities did! Then my stepmom was talking about it so I guess it put a bug in DP's brain!    Prettyisa, thanks for the blog rec and the insurance info! It's likely that by then we'll have totally different insurance so it's not really...
Hi all, I'm kind of a champion lurker, but I thought there'd probably be a few people on here that had done this, so I thought I'd post!   DP and I have kind of the opposite feelings about carrying/genetic children. I want to be pregnant for the experience, but am not particularly attached to the idea of a genetic child, and DP is the flip: hates the idea of giving birth, really wants a genetic child. So, my step mom recently was like "Oh, my friends put Partner A's...
  Queer lurker coming out to say that when I worked at Target and as a daycare teacher, despite all other outward signs pointing to "femme" (earrings, make-up, flats with hearts on them, etc.) or at the very least female assigned at birth (large breasts), I had very short hair and kids ALWAYS asked if I was a boy or a girl. Even the kids I worked with every day. It's like it would just suddenly occur to them! One time a dad at Target with his about 3 year old dd got so...
Lurking, here! I'm hoping to start my pre-reqs for an accelerated bachelor's in nursing this summer (I already have a bachelor's), and then proceed onto a master's in midwifery! First class is probably going to be statistics....joy. In the meantime, I work at a women's health nonprofit, although not in the medical part, obviously!