or Connect

Posts by Brighids Flame

Sorry to hear about AF showing up (how rude of her!) Bela and PrenatalCoach. Fingers crossed for you both for this cycle!   Sila-My usual LP can be anywhere from 11-13 days (usually 11 or 12 though, the 13 day one was totally a fluke I think). Short LP=shorter 2ww, but also means that conceiving might be harder for me. The midwife I spoke to didn't seem too concerned about it though. I really hope things work out for you, and if you feel trying again this month I...
Partially cross-posting from the June thread:   Sila- Thanks for the suggestion, I just finished putting all my data into Fertility Friend. Sometimes it gets mad at me for not recording my cm/not consistently temping, but other than that it's not terrible. And I like the mass data entry! Here are my new charts   http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/brighidsflame   Thanks for the new thread Fnord! If you don't mind, could you switch my chart link in...
Sila- Thanks for the suggestion, I just finished putting all my data into Fertility Friend. Sometimes it gets mad at me for not recording my cm/not consistently temping, but other than that it's not terrible. And I like the mass data entry! Here are my new charts (I'll post them in the new thread too, in case you don't come back here to check).   http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/brighidsflame   Thanks for making the new thread Fnord, heading over there now!
I'm now 9 dpo, and my temps are still high. My My Days app and TCOYF are predicting AF will come on July 3rd (for some reason they're both predicting a 10 day LP, which is shorter than the 11-13 days I'm used to). My boobs are heavy and sore, but that's totally normal for me before AF comes. Last night, my feet swelled up a bit, I wore strappy sandals to a family event and when I put them on to go home they were tight and ended up digging into my feet. I've been avoiding...
Thanks Mary!     Sila-Thanks for adding me, I think I've fixed the chart-sharing problem, try this link: http://tcoyf.com/members/brighids-flame/charts/default.aspx and please let me know if it doesn't work.   Basically my disease is a blood disease where the blood is either missing some factors it needs for clotting, or the factors are there but don't work properly. It's like a very mild hemophilia, but with different factors involved. I've never had any...
Hopefully it's not too late in the month for me to be added to the group... I'm 22, TTC #1, and my charts are here     Monday Tuesday Check-In Name: Brighids Flame Date: June 28th Chart: http://www.tcoyf.com/members/Brighids-Flame/charts/4.aspx# Where are you in your cycle: CD 25, 6 DPO Appointments: Need to call and schedule with a hematologist to discuss my newly discovered von Willebrand Disease Symptoms if they apply: Trying not to notice any,...
Gator-Mom, I can totally understand wanting the age difference to be as small as possible, and I think that if it were my second or third I'd be less reluctant. I guess part of it is that I don't know what pregnancy is like for me. I might be one of those people who doesn't get nauseous at all, or I might be the type that can't even think about food without vomiting, and I don't want to take that risk. Plus my classes are really labor-intensive this semester, so they're...
Here's something you can do with items you already have lying around the house:   Push Pin Shapes: In this activity, the child uses a push pin (any thumbtack with a handle on it will do, and you can use a larger or smaller sized handle depending on the child's skill level) to punch along the outline of a shape on a piece of construction paper. If they've punched the holes close enough together, and stayed on the lines, the shape will punch out once they're finished....
Welcome to the group ssantos! I like the way you decluttered your kids toys, those cheap plastic ones are so obnoxious!! Here's an interesting blogpost I read the other day that has to do with the benefits of reducing the number of toys your kids have "Why Fewer Toys Will Benefit Your Kids". It's definitely worth checking out. And like you pointed out, your kids do have toys that they deeply care about (and they're almost never the cheap plastic happy meal toys either!)....
IsaFrench, I was the same way when I was a kid (okay, maybe I still am...a little...or a lot ). I kept everything, I mean candy wrappers, stickers, papers I'd doodled on. I had a neat bunkbed that had 4 drawers under each of the beds, and half of them were full of my "special things." I may or may not have a box somewhere in the garage that's filled with the "special things" I couldn't bear to part with when I moved out. Maybe one of these days I'll make that my...