or Connect

Posts by Brighids Flame

I've been keeping track of the start/end of my periods for a few years now, but I've only been officially charting since January. We are currently charting to avoid/charting to look for any problems with my cycle before we switch to TTC in May/June. Last month my cycle was really wonky (for me)- 37 days long, but only an 11 day luteal phase. It looks to me like my body tried to ovulate twice, hence the really long cycle, but I'm anxious this month to see if my luteal...
I found this on the FAQ page of the Dervaes website http://urbanhomestead.org/faq#n181       So it looks like they're not trying to stop bloggers and those spreading the word about the urban homesteading cause, just people who are trying to profit off the name.
dicksonley, Thank you! I'm glad that someone agrees with me on the versatility of the word wonky. I usually get raised eyebrows or a chuckle when I use it, but at least everyone can tell what it means! Thanks for the advice on the honeymoon thing, I'm leaning toward trying on/after as well. If my cycle stays on track (unlikely for me), I should be fertile midway through our trip. Though if I have a cycle like last month I could very well end up honeymooning with AF ...
We live in a neighborhood with average-sized lots. We're close to the highway, and grocery store, post office, etc, but still far enough outside town that quite a few people in the homes surrounding the neighborhood have chickens, ducks, there are even people a few miles down the road that have a ton of cows. I like our not-too-urban area, but I'm finding that the neighborhood living is putting a cramp in my plans for homesteading. Our neighborhood is full of rabbits and...
I called a midwife yesterday to make initial contact and it made this whole "we're going to be trying this year" thing feel WAY more real. I have a checklist of appointments I want to make (dentist , gp, chiropractor), and things I want to do around the house before we start trying, and it's starting to feel like I'm running out of time!! Anyone else making a pre-TTC list?
Hi everyone, I'm hoping I can join in here as well. I've been babysitting since I was 11, and been nannying for an incredible kid for 3 years, but I'm definitely ready for one that I don't have to give back at the end of the day/weekend!! Everything (knock on wood) seems to be falling into place for TTC in May/June of this year: I'll be done with school in early May, DH got an awesome raise, and we'll (finally!) be going on our honeymoon. We were planning on starting to...