or Connect

Posts by Dlynn918

I just started reading this on the recommendation of a midwife friend. She went to a lecture from the author recently and I thought it sounded like a great book so I picked it up on amazon pretty cheap. $11 and free shipping. In these early days with a new baby and 2 older children to manage, her messages are a wonderful reaffirmation. Just thought Id share with you all.   http://www.mindfulmotherhood.org/     Deb
Post how to sign up when its open...cool!!!
YEah!!! Congrats on all the hard work! It's just emotionally exhausting on top of the obvious physical, I know!!! He sounds like he is doing awesome. That is such wonderful news! Most excellent. :-)
I'll tell you what my LC told me. You successfully nursed to healthy babies previously, and as long as you haven't had any surgeries there isn't any reason you can't build it back up with some work. She said sometimes an over production on estrogen can effect milk supply or thyroid hormones but she felt it was just the cycle of poor latch (my sore nipples that gave it away!) started it all, which led to weak sleepy baby, weight loss, more sleep, no hind milk etc...It is...
I was also intimidated and well, angry over the whole idea. When it was presented to me by a nurse practitioner at the pedi office I didn't feel the need to do so and I was almost offended. But two days later and barely an ounce gained regardless of increased feeding time I caved in to my pride. Pumped and had DH fill the syringe with milk and we slipped it in while she nursed. I got the tube and 25cc syringe from the pedi office. I'm sure your MW could get you one if she...
I was also thinking maybe you could try the tube feeding if he is having a hard time waking because if he is getting the bottle in between your breast feeding I wonder how much milk he is actually getting rather than slipping him the tube then you know he is getting the extra amount you pumped PLUS his normal feeding. It may be what he needs to get him over the hump. It sounds like you got him there already if he already gained 3 ounces that quick but you just got me...
Gracecody! I wish I saw this yesterday cause I went through the same thing right after Chloe was born. She was falling off the breast after nursing for only a short while and I dont think she was ever getting any hindmilk. She was what my lactation consultant called, "a poky feeder" and I would have to keep her awake to feed and waking her up was near impossible to do. It really scared me a lot!!! This is my third baby and I never had any issues with either of my two...
I don't really have one yet, but I need to get one! Baby will be 3 weeks tomorrow and going for a few walks is about all Ive mustered. Ive lost almost all my pregnancy weight, yet my pants don't zip up. Oh well. But Id like them to sometime in the near future! :-) Just wondering what agenda any of you ladies might have to get those bodies back into our comfy jeans. I don't know about any of you but my posture if awful! I feel like I had my spine replaced with a noodle! I...
what a big beautiful boy he is!! Congrats!
That pretty much describes my life with baby perfectly right now! I hear you completely. With the exception that my kids are older and are mostly independent. Baby is a little older and has become much more alert in the last 2 days. And you would think that would allow her to sleep better at night...nope. She is all about the cat naps-milk-cat naps-milk. She is in REM sleep almost all the time rather than the deep "limp limb" sleep of her first two weeks where I had to...