or Connect

Posts by Ivy53

Hello, all. I have three children, aged 10, 7 and 1, and two of them are currently in their school district's gifted program (here called GATE, Gifted and Talented Education). I am happy with their school. It is the same school I attended as a child (also in the same program) and while I was unhappy with it as a student, in the past twenty years they have made a lot of improvements to the program and my children are doing well. One thing I'm particularly happy with is they...
My c/s was because of induction issues. I have no idea if it was necessary or not but I lean towards not. That said, had they known how big he was I'm sure they would have wanted me to have a c-section. He was 12 lbs, 2 oz. You can imagine most doctors were not interested in my having a VBAC when my only child was that big. But I did have a hospital VBAC and my second was 10 lbs, 9 oz. They had me on a GD diet (I didn't actually have GD) but I think the reason he was...
Oh, I'm so glad he's working out for you! Sounds like you'll be in good hands.
I hate the big baby talk, mom31. I really understand. I'm in a due date group on another board and sometimes when other moms come back saying their doc is freaking out because an u/s showed the baby is way ahead and is going to be big I do say something, but lots of times I just don't. It's really hard.   I know I shouldn't take it personally either, but I just feel like this attitude that has been instilled in everyone actually makes my life harder. It's a really...
Would you be willing to travel? I don't know how it is in Santa Barbara, but there are places down here that are VBAC-friendly. I'm in Orange County and I'm having a homebirth. I know things are easier for me because I've already had a successful VBAC, but there are midwives who will do primary VBAC in Orange County and Los Angeles County, including mine I believe (I have spoken to some midwives who work in both areas, and my midwife has a partner that serves Riverside...
I'm also from a big baby family. All five of us were over 9 lbs and I have a brother who was 11 lbs, 9 oz. My first son was a c-section, but not for size - for induction issues and probably "failure to wait" partially. He was 12 lbs, 2 oz. I was determined to have my second vaginally. I knew if I had that size ultrasound it would be a disaster, that they would never stop pushing me for a RCS. So I walked. I walked everywhere, all the time. He was born three days before...
My oldest was born via c-section in 2003. It wasn't just the induction and c-section that was traumatic for me, but because of some of the complications that led me to having the c-section in the first place they ended up taking him to the NICU just in case and then, even though he was fine, wouldn't let him out until I left the hospital. And the NICU nurses were horrible to me, on top of that, and acted like my desire to breastfeed was an inconvenience. But I blame it...
Thanks for your reply. I have heard about placentas moving up (like women discussing a placenta previa that was a problem early on not being a problem by the birth) but now I'm sort of worried about this because I asked if I would get a chance to see if the placenta moved up before the birth if this were to happen and my midwife told me that placentas grow upward but that they don't move. That didn't sound right to me then either.   I have read since last night...
Hi everyone. I am 6 weeks pregnant with my third child. My first was a c-section (which I suspect was unnecessary) and my second was a hospital VBAC. I wanted to get away from regulations like continuous fetal monitoring with the birth of this child so I am going to go to a local birth center - the only birth center within a half hour's drive that takes VBACs. (there is another one about 33 miles away but would take from 40 - 90 minutes to get there depending on traffic,...
Just got back from Dr. Fleiss. He was very nice. The urine tests came back normal but he noticed some redness on the bottom of his penis and thinks he has an infection. So he's going to take some antibiotics and he's also supposed to put an anti-inflammatory cream on his foreskin twice a day for swelling. He says otherwise his foreskin looks totally normal and the tiny opening is just fine.   If only I could have gotten that information from a doctor I didn't have to...