or Connect

Posts by serenetabbie

I'm so glad to see this thread! You all have such excellent suggestions. I have been thinking about getting a mini-trampoline for inside and the Wii, but mostly for my older child who is very resistant to any sort of gross motor stuff. I bet she would love a tether ball! 8 yo DD walked almost a full month later than DS - at 8 months and two weeks - right after she got her glasses. I sort of thought I had a cautious baby on my hands. Man was I wrong. Since then...
In the first group, are the stems square? They look like some sort of mint to me maybe...
It is nice... but in a bittersweet sort of way. I was reading your blog Peony, and my son also deals with insomnia. It is SO bad sometimes... and his anxiety makes it worse. We have tried benadryl in the past, butit makes him so groggy in the morning and then a nightmare at school. This past winter I started giving him melatonin, which did help him get to sleep. At first it seemed so awesome, but then he started complaining of severe nightmares (I read somewhere...
My son was 10 when he got his dx. I blog about it sometimes... if it would help, feel free to read the "odd timothy" posts. You are not alone!
I am commiserating too. Another mom I know who's DS has AS and a lot of anxiety (same as mine) said that Abilify is working wonders for her son... but the warning of increased suicidal thinking and behavior scares me.
Sorry not to reply to the other posts (welcome to all the newbies!! ) BUT... AGH! I am so bent out of shape, there are huge black ants in my garden! They killed three tomato plants. I dug up the nest three times now, and it seems like it just makes them spread more. I put diatomaceous earth on them and it seemed to have no effect. I am trying the grits trick next, but if that does not work, I am going to poison the darn things. I never had this problem before,...
Well... where I am rosemary is really an annual so I have to bring it inside. That's where I kill it. It's really, really tragic The rest of my family lives in the Bay Area, and they all have HUGE beautiful rosemary bushes. *sigh*
Is there a Latin name on the tag? It would be Lavandula angustifolia if it is English Lavander. I did a quick search and cannot seem to find any plant called "lavender blue" so now I am curious
Whew! May went by so fast! Here's a link to May's thread. I hope everyone is doing well. We had some really cool temps here a few nights ago, and some places a little north of us got frost! In my personal garden news; the corn and squashes are sprouting, the peas are going crazy and everything is in the ground/containers. My boss put all the herbs on sale 50% off (so, 50% off + my 20% off = next to free for me ) so I have a TON of new herbs including a...