or Connect

Posts by J1379

Thanks! That is what I was thinking too but just wanted to be sure
I know that giving raw honey to a babe under a year can be dangerous but what about honey that has been used in baking?  My DH gave DD some of the pumpkin spelt muffins that I made with honey not thinking it was bad since the honey was baked in the oven hopefully killing any of the harmful bacteria.  Thoughts?
So another incidence of frequent urination happened again...this time my doctor recommended a full blood work-up and further testing on his urine.  Urine came back clean and "perfect" as my doctor put it.  Bloodwork revealed that he is anemic.  My doctor doesn't feel that there is any connection between the two and suggested that it may just be anxiety related.  We are now treating the anemia and I'm trying to figure out the cause of the anemia as well.  If he has another...
Thank you all for your replies.  The comments regarding a possible allergy (either dairy or gluten) have really got me thinking.  DS had a milk intolerance when he was a baby.  I had to eat a completely dairy free diet when I was breastfeeding...even just the slightest bit of dairy would cause him to have blood in his stool...it was awful.  I worked with a dietician and pediatrician who helped me to ensure I was eating a well balanced dairy free diet while breastfeeding...
DS (5 years old) was just diagnosed with anemia following some bloodwork.  I initially took him to the doctor because I had noticed that he always had red/purple circles under his eyes and was chronically fatigued and I was concerned about this.  My doctor said that anemia can cause symptoms in young children that can lead to difficulties in school - inattentiveness, hyperactivity and difficulties in social situations.  It turns out that DS has been having these exact...
quirkylane - Hmmm...so maybe a stupid question but is a school developmental assessment initiated by his teacher different from a pediatric assessment initiated by my doctor (which would involve testing to rule out or diagnose any exceptionalities)??  From what you wrote it sounds like a developmental assessment (which is what his teacher said may be warranted if things continue this way in the second half of the school year) is something on the school level that would...
Cammom- thank you for your advice.  My DS is very sensitive and definitely senses my disapproval or dislike of things even if I don't say it outright and I've often regretted things I have said or done when it comes to some of these different behaviours/activities.  You are so right that I don't in any way want him to feel shameful for what he does and actually today I had a big talk with DS about how these things do not make me unhappy and that there is nothing wrong with...
Thanks moominmamma - I never thought about the fact of it being essentially a repeat of last year (beyond the obvious repeat of curriculum)...but you are so right!  Last year was a whole new experience.  DS was home with me until the start of school so every aspect of school was new and interesting.  The fact that this year is not bringing anything new has to be a contributing part of the problem, in my opinion.  I did tell his teacher that I had addressed my concerns with...
Thanks Triniity - I think this may be what it is.  This is the second time we have had the frequent urination issue come up and just like last time he did not show any signs of infection and in a matter of weeks it went away.  Now my DS is back to normal!  The frequent urination did come along with starting at school again...so I'm thinking it must be related to anxiety.  I guess if it happens again during another significant time that I will have my answer!!!
DS (age 5) is in Kindergarten - this is second year of school and he had a pretty good junior Kindergarten year last year.  He has the same teacher this year again for his senior kindergarten year.  He has not undergone any testing yet but we are pretty certain that he is gifted.  He loves going to school and we have not had any issues with him not wanting to go but he has come home very frustrated on occasion lately and telling me that he is "never going back"...that...