or Connect

Posts by babygirl24

We skipped K and went into first. She is finishing it now and I am confident that it was the right decision for us. I did not want her to start school and then move her up later because I wanted her to meet friends and stay with them as long as she could. She has been challenged enough for the most part because it is her first experience with everything. By the time we get to 4th she may need the gifted program or more acceleration, but we will see what happens. Oh, and...
I am assuming on celexa I can not drink any alcohol. Is this true? What would happen if I did? Secondly does tanning affect meds? I just started them and I went tanning yesterday and was feeling a bit worse this morning. Thanks
Well it has been 2 days and so far so good. I am waiting for pms time which will be the real test. Thanks for the responses. They have helped. One more question concerning alcohol. Can I ever drink? What is the general rule on this med? Any experience?
I have been given celexa today for (what I think are ) OCD symtoms without the c. I have been fearful of a lot lately and now I am scared to death to start the meds for fear I will not be able to take care of my daughter and the kids I sit for. I know you can't tell me how it will make me feel, but some more insight would be great. I was given 20 mg. How long before I feel effects? I have not had any suicidal thoughts, but fears of dying and the warning label has me...
Anyone have these OCD symptoms come on pretty suddenly or have you always had them? (Especially obsessive thoughts) And become most severe during menstruation? I have had 2 months of them (for the first time ever) from day 23 to day 28. I am on seasonique and it did not matter weather it was a real period or just the last days of the pills. I felt amazing on day 2 and the evening of day 1. Any thoughts on this?
Quote: Originally Posted by lil_earthmomma If you are just starting to cook from scratch because of the allergies, then I can see how this would be a daunting task! I bet you will find you are all healthier for it once you stop using prepackaged preseasoned food though!!! Why don't you get your teenage son involved in the planning, prepping, cooking process. Get him excited about cooking. (Nothing is more attractive than a man that can cook well.) ...
Quote: Pizza - you can make your own pizza dough and not add any dried herbs to the dough at all. or use other dried herbs which he is not allergic to. Spaghetti - Again, don't use those herbs here, use basil or some other herbs. Sunflower oil - use coconut oil or olive oil instead. What do you use sesame seeds for? in hummus, you can just ignore it.. in breads, you can use pumpkin seeds or caraway seeds, chia seeds, hemp hearts etc.. Also, make...
Those are the things my teenage son is allegic to and EVERYTHING he likes has at least one of those in it! He was living with his dad 3 days a week, but had an issue and is now with us all the time and it is very hard. So, can you give me some ideas? Everything has to be from scratch because everything in a season packet has the word "spices" in the ingredients and that almost always consists of oregano or parsley. He does not eat any seafood and really likes pizza...
Thanks! We have done the visuals but when I take them away it is gone. I did it again and I am sure if we use it longer she will retain it. It is just so hard to understand how she can have a "photographic memory" as the teacher puts it, but with everything escept numbers ?!
DD has skipped K and is in first. She just turned 6. Anyway, she is doing very well! Is at or above level in all subjects. Math was her lowest test score. She has kept up with the class, but when we work on money counting and counting she can't remember how to count by 10's and 5's to add it. She'll get it by the time we are finished and forget it the next time we do it. She has a great memory so how can I change numbers into something she can retain better? It is...