or Connect

Posts by jenplus4fr

Amber,   I liked your question, too, as I often ask myself the same question, and I've been a SAHM since my eldest was born; she's now 16.  One difference for me is that, since I live in France, I picked up my elementary-aged kids for the two-hour lunch break.  This meant shopping, preparing, serving, and cleaning up after a cooked meal.  I am generally in charge of all house-cleaning, paperwork, administrative chores, shopping, and school-related activities in our...
Hang in there.  I was right with you about 10.5 years ago, when my third daughter was born and I had a 3yo and and a 18mo to deal with all day.  My solution was to find a choir to join that met one night a week.  That was *my* night, and my DH knew better than to come home late that night.  Frozen dinners were the rule that night.  Try to find some outlet to get out just for you.   As for the constant nagging and cleaning, I hate to tell you, it doesn't go away :( ...
Yes, I'm the oldest of three, and DH is the middle of five.  I'd thought 3-4 would be cool, and he wanted 4-5, so four was the magic number for us.  We now have three girls and one boy, ages 8-13, and although I've often dreamed of having a 5th (I love the baby stage), I realized I always got that feeling when one of the kids was absent.  That automatically made things easier.  My family is overseas, and I take the kids to visit every year, plus I'd love to travel with...
Oh yes...I remember the two of us each pretending to be sound asleep, waiting to see if the other one would finally roll out of bed first to take care of the kids when they were little.  Neither one of us got to sleep that way, so we made a deal that I got up one weekend day, and he could sleep in, and vice versa the next.  It worked.  Now that the kids are older, and DH has gotten into the habit of napping on weekend afternoons, I just stew :(  I know he doesn't sleep...
I don't know if anyone is still following this thread or not... but, I've been a SAHM since my oldest daughter was born, almost 14 years ago.  It was a choice with financial consequences, as I was at the time earning much more than my DH.  But, I'd planned it for years and had saved, so when people asked me about it, I could truly say that we chose for me to stay home.  Four kids later, people have been more understanding about it.  The only questions I've gotten have...
My husband is one of five, and I am one of three.  When we married, we decided on four kids.  I had three beautiful girls, followed by a little boy (now 8).  My own father had the gall to tell me that he certainly hoped I was done having children (and this, after my third little girl).  I told him that was not his decision to make.  I think he was worried that since my husband was a practicing Catholic, I'd be popping kids out indefinitely, lol!  (Ours are close...
The gall of the guy!  That's incredible.
My 13yo dd has always needed a lot of sleep.  We've always sent our four kids (13 to 8) upstairs to bed at the same time because it was easier on us. My 13yo shares a room with her 8yo brother, who has never been a heavy sleeper.  Our solution there is usually that she's allowed to read a little later than he.  Everyone heads to bed around 8:45-9pm; the younger ones turn out their lights around 9:15, and the older ones at 9:30-10.  They're up at 7am on their own.  This...
My 13yo has had her period for about a year now.  I'd bought her a Diva cup, since I loved mine so much, but she decided she didn't like that idea.  She started with pads, and has rarely used tampons.  Last summer, I asked her if she wanted to try cotton pads, and she picked out some that she now says she prefers to the disposable.  They roll/snap up very compact, and are not a problem at school.  In fact, she just asked me to order some more for her.  I did cloth...
Hehe...I still remember in jr. high, it was the fashion to have the top *two* buttons undone on your shirt.  Every morning, my mom would make a point of doing up my second button before she kissed me goodbye.  As soon as I got out of the house, I simply undid it. :)  I agree with not telling the mom.  Would it maybe be helpful to say something to the kid, though?