or Connect

Posts by mamatoemily

I have a week old little boy and am still nursing my 27 month old daughter.  I am getting so frustrated and emotional because she is not dealing well with the baby nursing.  This morning she FREAKED out when I had to nurse him first and she had to wait.  She only nurses first thing in the morning, nap time and bedtime... I don't know how to make the situation better.  Most times during the rest of the day she is able to handle it and is okay, but there are times when...
After my XH and I split up, I changed our DD's name to be hyphenated with both of ours.  Now I am due with Baby #2 with my husband...the baby will take his last name and I have my last name and his last name hyphenated...so at least I have both the names of both my children.  It gets complicated!
I am due with Baby #2 (actually 3 days overdue now) and I have a 2.5 yr old DD from my previous marriage. She lives with me and sees my XH at least once a week...but the schedule is completely random.  I recently told my XH that after the baby comes I would like my DD to be home for a week as we all adjust to having the new baby and for bonding.  He is freaking out on me, saying I am pushing him aside and he doesn't want to not see her for a week.  It should be noted, he...
Hi everyone...I guess I figured this would get easier over time, but I can't help but feel so sad whenever my DD spends time with her dad.  She is 25 mths now and we split up when she was only 5 mths.  He really didn't see her much at the beginning and is now onto GF #2 since then.  I know it is good for my DD to see him...good and important...and I have a new partner and am extremely happy and we are expecting a DS in March, but I just can't help resenting whenever DD...
Hi everyone...I'm looking for some advice as I can't get in to see my lawyer for another week and a half.   My ex and I have a legal Separation Agreement and are divorced.  I live in Ontario, Canada.  One of the terms of the Agreement is that neither of us introduce DD (who is 21 mths) to a new partner until we have been in a relationship with that person for 4 mths.  We separated when she was 5 mths old and he immediately had a new GF and had moved in with her,...
Thanks for your responses.  I know I should just let it roll off, but when it comes to your child you know how hard that can be.  
Hi everyone...I'm not sure if this is the right forum to put this in, but I am wondering if anyone else has had the same experience.     My DD is 21 months and my XH and I split up when she was 5 months old.  I have a new partner who is absolutely wonderful and we are now expecting our first child in March.  I told XH the news yesterday and he completely freaked out.  He said that before my new child is born he will be taking me to court to get 50/50 custody of our...
My DD is 19 mths and I have been back to work since she turned 1 and I work rotating shifts (afternoons, days and nights) since I am an emergency services worker.  We're still nursing and going strong and I have never pumped.  I find my supply just goes up and down as she requires.  When I'm gone all day, when we reunite she nurses a good amount to catch up.  Then on my days off she nurses a lot and gets my supply back up.  I haven't found it to be a problem at...
Yeah, I've been saying that to her when I'm home with her during the day...the difference is when I work afternoon shifts she is away from me...so to try and explain that I am going to work for 10 hours and she won't see me...then all night she can't nurse....seems a little complicated for an 18 mth old to follow.
I don't know what to do...my DD is 18 mths and I decided recently that I need to night wean her.  I'm tired.  I read the Dr. Jay method and have done about 5 nights.  The first was brutal but then next 4 were much better...she would accept cuddling back to sleep over BF'ing relatively fast.  BUT, I'm an emergency services worker and so yesterday I had to work an afternoon shift, which runs 1:30-11:30 p.m.  So she was away from me for 12 hours and then when she woke up...