or Connect

Posts by acuamazon

hatchling, Acupuncture should not be harsh, however it depends on the practitioner and their style and personality! Many acupuncturists have quite gentle needling techniques that are barely felt by the patient. Acupressure is also wonderful, using the same points and theory as acupuncture. From a Chinese medicine perspective, organ prolapse involves the Spleen and often Kidney organ networks and strengthening those systems ideally can help the body heal. I am curious...
Curebaby, I have been using a pessary for several months now in addition to getting visceral manipulation treatments. It has been a lifesaver, and I can't believe that anyone would suggest surgery is a better option! The only complaint I have about it is that it seems to make me more prone to yeast. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but it is quite annoying & probably a sign that my immune system is not in top shape.
Cuau...I was given exercises by a PT who works with pelvic floor rehab. Apparently stabilizing the pelvic floor can help. I've currently had the most success with Visceral Manipulation but it's taking some time.
the adjustment that he did really helped for about 4 to 5 days, so I know there's something to it. I really wish that it was a quick and easy fix though. It is really frustrating to feel better and then feel worse again. I wish there was someone closer to you, so that you could try it. Where do you live? Are there any acupuncturists near you? Whoah...I don't know for sure, but I think it is the tissue of the vaginal wall that separates the bladder and the vagina that you...
lifting 1 leg straight and then bending it again, etc. hard to explain without the visuals! Anyway, she told me to do them every day, but I feel like that aggravates things, and it's better if I do them every other day or every third day. Basically I feel like a person has to find a balance between trusting their own body and following what a professional thinks they should do. because even though they might have training and know more about the condition than I do, I...
Whoops, didn't mean to send that yet...continuing...
hatchling...I'm not sure I understand the exercises the PT gave you. I have seen a PT as well, who gave me exercises to do. Keigel exercises while focusing on contracting both the vagina and anus (because for me, unless I do that, I don't really get a strong contraction in the perineum). Also I have to focus on fully relaxing the perineum at the end of the Keigel, because of pelvic floor tension. I also have some Yoga/Pilates exercises - doing modified bridge pose with a...
http://www.barralinstitute.com/
No one has posted here in a while so I'm not sure if anyone still reads this. I have had a grade 2 cystocele for about 3 months. It was actually a grade one for about a year and half pp, but I didn't know what it was. I have tried pelvic floor physical therapy biofeedback, a pessary, Pilates exercises prescribed by a PT, and visceral manipulation. Of everything, visceral manipulation has made the most difference. After my last session, I actually had 4 to 5 days of...
Jamie, my last question is about where I go from here. The separation from my partner has left me to rely on my family for a place to stay for now. We also shared our business, so I must start over as a self-employed care provider. I also have a cross-country trip back to where I lived with him (my family lives in another state) to recover my vehicle, possessions, etc. which has to take place before the snow starts. Once I'm there or back, I must return to work as an...