or Connect

Posts by melissel

Tropical
Yesterday I wrote checks for classes and summer camp, but those were all anticipated and budgeted for. Otherwise, no spending yesterday. Today DH bought the girls breakfast sandwiches (unbudgeted--I had eggs), and he'll be picking up some staples in advance of the coming snow (still have some space in the grocery budget). Tomorrow should be a no-spend, considering that we'll be trapped at home!   Key:  No unplanned/unbudgeted spending:  Unbudgeted spending:  Ate at...
I had a crummy day here, so I caved on dinner. It will come out of my allowance, so it's in the budget, but still not how I should be spending the money. Boo.   Key:  No unplanned/unbudgeted spending:  Unbudgeted spending:  Ate at home all day:  ---------------------- No-unbudgeted-spending days: 4/28   2/1:   Cold meds: $28. 2/2:  Unbudgeted snack: $1.50 2/3:   Magazine renewals for girls: $40 2/4:  Breakfast: $11. Groceries: $123 (budgeted). 2/5:  Food out:...
I did spend some money on Girl Scout renewals in prep for summer camp, but that was anticipated and budgeted. I wanted to have it out of the way online so I could mail in our camp registration more easily. Otherwise, we stayed in, watched the Olympics, rested, and did some schoolwork.   Key:  No unplanned/unbudgeted spending:  Unbudgeted spending:  Ate at home all day:  ---------------------- No-unbudgeted-spending days: 4/28   2/1:   Cold meds:...
No spending today. Cooked our chicken, which is now turning into broth. Have to look at my menu plan to see what's in store for tonight's dinner. I suspect I forgot to thaw something    Key:  No unplanned/unbudgeted spending:  Unbudgeted spending:  Ate at home all day:  ---------------------- No-unbudgeted-spending days: 3/28   2/1:   Cold meds: $28. 2/2:  Unbudgeted snack: $1.50 2/3:   Magazine renewals for girls: $40 2/4:  Breakfast: $11. Groceries: $123...
STILL sick and miserable. I'm sleeping horribly because of all the coughing, and I have no energy for anything beyond the bare minimum. I got the girls to and from our outing yesterday (and a quick trip to the library) and then conked out on the couch from 4:30 to 7:00, when DH called to ask what I'd made for dinner. We ended up at Cici's *sigh* Should be a no-spend day today, though, because I have to make this chicken before I lose it and because we're hunkering down and...
Still sick, spent the second half of yesterday in bed. DH bought us all dinner from Moe's. I'm up and around and feeling moderately functional today, but I'll have library fines to pay. Argh!   Key:  No unplanned/unbudgeted spending:  Unbudgeted spending:  Ate at home all day:  ---------------------- No-unbudgeted-spending days: 1/28   2/1:   Cold meds: $28. 2/2:  Unbudgeted snack: $1.50 2/3:   Magazine renewals for girls: $40 2/4:  Breakfast: $11. Groceries:...
Ugh, we are all sick now, so I'm struggling with not wanting to cook. We got breakfast out this morning, though I'm making a huge meatloaf tonight (dinner tonight and lunches tomorrow). Yesterday I renewed the girls' Cricket/Spider magazines (they have to spring for the next renewal if they want to keep getting them).    Key:  No unplanned/unbudgeted spending:  Unbudgeted spending:  Ate at home all day:  ---------------------- No-unbudgeted-spending...
I did spend some money today, but most of it was budgeted and anticipated. I need a slipcover for our embarrassingly stained living room chair, so I finally managed to stop at Target. (I suspect I'll be returning them though; I don't think either is going to fit.) I also bought some heartburn meds while there, which is a personal care budget item. And I kicked in for pizza at a Super Bowl party, but again, we knew that was coming. And I filled the car up with gas. My...
 Thank you so much for those detailed instructions! I don't have a baking stone specifically, but I have a huge PC stoneware bar pan. which I imagine will do the same thing. I can't wait to try it!  I really think that kind of thing has to be considered a necessary expense. You can't walk around in clothes that are 40 pounds too big for you, and for working that hard, you totally deserve some guilt-free new clothing! Way to go!  The food away from home gets us SO often....