or Connect

Posts by insomniamama

I would like to begin giving my 8 month old DD FLCO and royal butter and was wondering which flavor has worked best for other infants and which method of feeding it has worked best. Thanks so much for the input!
I'm at a loss for words on this subject, all I can express is grief. It has been easier to explain the death of our kitten to a hit-and-run; the death of the great-grandparents to old age; the freak accident of a family friend. It is complicated but possible to confront disease in the elderly. But when we visited the children's hospital recently when our infant was hospitalized (RSV), we were assaulted by the reality that not all children simply ...grow up. Many children...
With my first 2 children, birth happened within 24hrs of the loss of the plug; with #3 it's not as predictable as I thought. I lost it 2 days ago and the labor contractions haven't begun yet. I've read that the latter is your indicator that birth is  eminent but the loss of the plug means that it could happen anywhere from a few hours to 3 weeks down the road.
We don't use onesies. I like the idea of cutting/serging them at the waist, though, as another parent suggested ;) Kimono tops worked best for us and we restocked for our next baby, due any day.
  For both of my children I was happiest  with prefolds and wool diaper covers. I had Kissaluvs and sherpa diapers (both requiring the wool covers I had on hand) but did not like them for their bulk and the Kissaluvs eventually felt scratchy. For the price of the Kissaluvs, I felt this was a bum deal (no pun intended). For added comfort, I cut rectangles of fleece fabric and placed these inside the prefold. I used snappis vs. pins. For covers I knit my own longies...
Hi there mamas, I had a Chorionic Villus Sampling screening test this morning and have been ordered strict bedrest for 24 hours and minimal activity for 72 hours total afterwards. It was transcervical and I have had no fluid or blood spotting at all today, no fever, no side effects other than boredom! I am an active person, 38 years old, and have a flatwater canoe paddling overnight campout planned for Sunday (that's 48 hours after the procedure). I am wondering whether...
Hi there mamas, I had a Chorionic Villus Sampling screening test this morning and have been ordered strict bedrest for 24 hours and minimal activity for 72 hours total afterwards. It was transcervical and I have had no fluid or blood spotting at all today, no fever, no side effects other than boredom! I am an active person, 38 years old, and have a flatwater canoe paddling overnight campout planned for Sunday (that's 48 hours after the procedure). I am wondering...
This is a wonderful relief! I'm feeling hopeful now. Thank you!!
I'm a little paranoid and irrational and hoping someone could offer a word of experience or knowledge: This week, after reading about taking vitamin B6 for morning sickness, I made a mistake when taking my vitamins--I took one 100mg dosage of B6 with lunch, thinking it was actually a 10mg dose and then took my prenatal vitamin with dinner, which contained an additional 15mg of vitamin B6. I thought I had only taken a total of 25mg but had instead supplemented with a...
Hi! I'm trying to find any hints on cutting your own wooden building blocks from available hardwood. Does anyone have a link? I know this is probably pretty straightforward, but I can't troubleshoot ahead to any tricks I might need along the way Thanks! I hope to get these in a huge thrifted laundry basket and UNDER the tree by Christmas morning! :