or Connect

Posts by dancinganya

Follow his lead.  It is good to have other associations with sleep, but be sure it is one you will be willing to do in years to come.  It could also be that he is having another issue?  Gas?  Stomach problems?  Or maybe he just needs a longer wind down time before bed.  Like some quiet play time before bedtime rituals?  Or longer time doing one of the things that relaxes him most before nursing?   My daughter now loves when her back is rubbed (skin to skin contact)...
You are so right. It is all about skin to skin and lately we sometimes sub with back rubs. Still thinking about whether to say that when she turns 4, we won't be "snuggling". It is only a month away and not sure if I should just let it wind down on its own.
Thanks for your responses! I have read a good portion of Taking Charge of Your Fertility and started charting. I spend so much time thinking about conceiving that I sometimes am barely present. My hubby had a loss in his family right around my fertile time according to my charts. It is not someone he was close to but a family member nonetheless and he is not wanting to try... He doesn't really want another anyway so no skin off his back. I decided to be a good wife...
I am trying to conceive my second child.  I had a miscarriage back in May of this year and have been blindly TTC for the last few months.  I thought I had enough information, but now I feel plain dumb that I haven't read all of "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" until now.  It was so easy for us to conceive the first time around that I guess I was hoping for another easy go round. Not so this time.  This month I thought we had sex right when I was ovulating, but no go....
What a cool idea!  I have been searching and searching for the right class for my 3.5 year old daughter and I and I never thought of just creating something myself!  If there is a Holistic Moms Network in your area you may want to see if you can try and gather troops there.  I would also really like something where my daughter and I can do yoga together.  She loves the idea of it and we used to go to a great class but it is now hard to find a good class for kids her age...
My daughter weaned at 3.5 years old (about 3 months ago) and is still obsessed with snuggling with my breasts.  It was our next step from nursing and at the time worked quite well.  She came up with it all on her own and I decided it was better than nursing at the time as I was pretty low on any milk.  Now I am wondering how I will ever wean her from this obsession with snuggling with them?  I suppose over the next year I would like to work on it.    Anyone else ever...
I would start slowly doing something for yourself.  Do you have a degree?  If not, I would take an online course or something.  Perhaps try to work in a small job for yourself somehow?  Write a list of your strengths and start networking to make your own money.  Having your own money and a job sounds like a way out for you.  Any family around to help with childcare?   You could also look into domestic violence resources in your area to speak with a social worker...
Thank you for this thread.  It sounds like your child is going through something.  Has he started kindergarten recently?  I would give in with a little TLC and then gently back off again as he gets through it.  Wow, I should listen to my own advice.  My daughter just started preschool and may be dealing with that herself.   My daughter is 3.5 and she fully weaned just a few months ago.  She is no longer napping, which initially helped in getting her to sleep in a...
My newly weaned 3.5 year old daughter is having a horrible time settling to sleep.  We were only nursing to sleep for a while now and for the week or so before we weaned completely, not even nursing was a sure thing to get her to fall asleep at night. She is pretty much done with napping and usually if she does nap, she won't fall asleep until REALLY late.  In the past, we have done other things to get her to sleep, but nothing was as habitual and successful as nursing....
My 3 year old daughter nightweaned about three months ago.  We were down to only one nursing at bedtime, usually for 5 to 10 minutes.  I was mostly enjoying the bedtime nursing when it was short as she was falling asleep quickly when she wasn't napping during the day and it was a nice way to wind down at the end of the day (after the bedtime rituals of potty, brush teeth, pjs, and book).  I could feel that my body was not making much milk and it was starting to be...