or Connect

Posts by dancinganya

An update:   After a little over 3 weeks of the nightweaning and no nursing to sleep, I spent 2.5 hours one night trying to rock my daughter to sleep.  It was horrible and I cried from frustration.  Two nights later when my husband got sick and was coughing and unable to sing to her in the middle of the night, all the responsibility fell on me.  I fell off the wagon completely.  I decided I couldn't handle the sleep deprivation of being up with her for an hour or two...
My 2.5 year old daughter always preferred to fall asleep breastfeeding, though it wasn't always the most effective way to get her to sleep.  She takes a long time transitioning to sleep with or without breastfeeding.  We are working on not breastfeeding to sleep now and have introduced various other methods along the way.  She often fell asleep being walked (in a carrier or in arms) when younger and I introduced the rocking chair (she never really liked it as a baby but...
Dear Mom4peace,   My daughter is 2.5 years old and takes FOREVER to get to sleep as well.  I used to try and leave the room to go to the bathroom and I would tell her to count to 10 and that would work fine, until about age 2 when she refused to allow me to leave the room at all during bedtime.. she would scream or run out after me.  I was hoping for that miraculous she falls asleep while waiting quietly for Mommy to come back in.  I do think she is too stimulated...
My 2.5 year old daughter will sometimes fall asleep for a nap with a drive in the car and rarely in the stroller.  I did once take out the Ergo and walk her outside which also worked.  She will rock at night but refuses the rocker in the daytime.  She also prefers to nurse to sleep for naps but I've been trying to wean her of it.   Besides the habit of nursing to sleep, it could also be that she wants special time with you and nursing is that.  Maybe if you announced...
I am on the same boat.  We are three weeks into nightweaning and bedtime nursing weaning.  I have stayed strong on not nursing my 2.5 year old daughter to sleep, but she still wants it and cries at times.  I either rock or walk her to sleep and two LOVELY nights she let me lie in the bed cuddling her while she fell asleep.  Tonight she was upset about not nursing and would only calm with me walking her for nearly an hour.  She is not a large child by any means, but I...
Thank you for your posts.  It is nice to hear other stories about older toddlers nightweaning.  So, it has been almost three weeks of no nursing to sleep at bedtime and no nursing in the middle of the night (sort of).  I started with the idea of no nursing until 6:30am and also thought my husband would take on all the night wakings until then.  He has been really stressed at work and has agreed to do the first night waking (and more on weekends), but the rest fell on me....
So we are a week and a half into night weaning and I'm feeling confused about daytime nursing.  There were days in the past when I wouldn't nurse her all day and she wouldn't ask (if she fell asleep in the car for her nap).  Now she refuses to fall asleep in the car since I won't nurse her at night.  I've been trying to let her nurse as she likes during the day, but I worry that the sleep association makes the nights worse.  She now likes to fall asleep for naptime...
Dear Jessica,   I have read some of your other posts and really like your approach.  I feel like I have read every sleep book out there and can't resolve our sleep issues with my daughter.   My daughter is 2.5 years old and has always had trouble transitioning to sleep, even as a newborn I spent most of my day trying to put her to sleep.  It takes us, on average, an hour to get her to sleep AFTER all the bedtime rituals.  Naptime was easy until a few months ago....
My daughter is 2.5 years old and I was partially motivated by some of the advice here to really embark on night weaning.  She is also very verbal and this has been an advantage in some ways.  First of all, we used to read books and then go straight to nursing so I had to think of something enticing to change that association.  The first night as I was trying to get her to go to sleep without nursing, we were rocking in the rocking chair and I started telling her all the...
I do have a spirited daughter, but she is now 2.5 years old and right now sleep issues seems to be the most difficult (though they have gotten better).  I recall 15 - 17 months being some of the most difficult months with her and she would not leave my side, even to be with Daddy.   A friend of mine has a son who fits the exact description you gave above, though her son is now 21 months. One thing they have done recently that is working for them is that Daddy...