or Connect

Posts by dancinganya

My 2.5 year old daughter either naps for 1 to 2 hours during the day and then won't fall asleep until at least 10pm, or skips her nap and then sleeps 12 to 13 hours at night.  I have heard that napping is a different kind of sleep that is good for kids, but for us the tradeoff is 9 to 10 hours at night and usually 1.5 hours of nap or closer to 12 for a full night's rest.  When she doesn't nap, she does wake more often at night, but some nights with a nap she's a horrible...
I don't have an answer, but I do know that nursing messes with your cycle.   I was on the mini pill until my daughter was about 20 months old and I didn't get a period for that long either.  I started having mild continuous cramping for a few weeks.  I went off the pill and it vanished.  I didn't get my period back for a few months after that (attributed to the pill of course).  Anyway, maybe there is something about post 18 months where your body is affected by the...
Can you change up the toddler bed?  Put the mattress on the floor and then try her sleeping there?  Put something she loves on the bed?   My daughter started sleeping in her own bed at 21 months, though I still ended up cosleeping at least half the night in there with her until just recently (she's 2.5 years old and we are finally nightweaning).  She took to her own bed well (though Mommy slept with her most of the night for the first month or so). We built it up as...
My 2.5 year old does still try the twiddling though I've been firm about it since she was like 9 months old.  My trick is that I always wear a night shirt and when she tries, I take her hand away and tuck my shirt really tightly around me.  Come to think of it, she only tries while nursing because she has easy access at that point, but the tightening of my clothing often keeps her from doing it.  I think I used to give her another option.  Maybe a stuffed animal he loves...
I have just started nightweaning my 2.5 year old daughter and I never thought she would let it happen.  I guess I started with boundaries for nursing at bedtime because she was nursing for an hour or two and I was going NUTS.  So I would let her nurse and then we would rock in the rocking chair.  I would let her do each side once and before we the started the second side I would tell her that this would be the last time time.  I think she actually came up with the term,...
Right now I feel like the only person in the world who has night nursed my daughter for 2.5 years.  Though we put her in her own room at 21 months, I still have co-slept with her for much of the night nursing on and off at least twice if not 10 times a night.  Recently, I finally decided that for my own health and her potty training and sleep needs, it was time to nightwean.  I have also nursed her almost every night of her life, if not to sleep than during the going to...
A little update.  I am in the process of nightweaning my daughter and we have so far succeeded for 2 nights, and 4 nights of falling asleep without nursing at all.  I told her we can only nurse when the sun comes up and I nurse her starting around 6:30am.  I feel really good about it and have actually felt that I have milk for her without the constant night nursing.   My husband has been helpful in the middle of the night, but he won't take the whole night on until...
Thank you for writing your post.  I am also thinking of weaning my 2.5 year old for my own health.  I have not gotten a good night's sleep in so long that my brain is foggy.  She has her own bed but I basically cosleep with her for most of the night as she still wakes frequently.     Last night before bed she got a huge bump on her head and asked to nurse.  I started nursing her and almost passed out because I was already dehydrated and I barely have any milk left...
My daughter is just over 2 and for various reasons, I am the one who gets her to sleep, normally nursing.  I also nurse (and sometimes walk or rock) her back to sleep in the middle of the night.  After 2 years, I am starting to find that my patience is waning and my sleep deprivation is keeping me from doing things to keep me as a happy mommy.  I am a stay at home mom so I am on duty 24-7.  My husband is great with my daughter, but she prefers Mommy to nurse her to...
My daughter is just over 2 and we moved her from our bed to her own bed and own room (full-size mattress on the floor) at 22 months.  I thought it was going to be a tough change, but she LOVED it!  From the day she saw her big girl mattress in her own room, she only wants to sleep there.  If only she would stay asleep for the night once we finally get her to sleep!   The mattress is full-size on purpose because my daughter not only takes forever to fall asleep but...