or Connect

Posts by nosreves

wow, so many beautiful bellies here!  i wish i could add a photo to the mix, but somehow we just never get around to taking decent shots (there are some indecent ones that manage to make me look like i'm wearing a skin-covered basketball, but other than that....)   Max -- i'm so excited for you about the adoption.  i honestly don't know what i would do about the name, though.... it's a tough call, and i'm sure you don't want to alienate the birth parents, but at the...
Joy -- are you taking the progesterone orally or vaginally?  DP and i both were on vaginal progesterone, and boy was that fun (/sarcasm).  some of the side effects i remember were sore breasts, extreme moodiness, night sweats, frequent peeing, heartburn, headaches and exhaustion.  i actually stayed on it until about 12 weeks into my pregnancy.  i've heard that the side effects can be worse if it's taken orally, but i have no experience with it that way.  when i first...
hi, Joy!  i'm threadjumping here just to say that you might want to forgo the temping while taking the Endometrium, as progesterone usually makes your temps go up and stay up the whole time you are taking it.  i've learned that most of the fertility meds will screw with your temps that way.  good luck with your TWW and don't let the side effects of the progesterone do your head in too much.  (btw, the cycle where i got my BFP, i had almost no symptoms to speak of.)
hi everyone.  for those of you who aren't on FB, i just got back home a few hours ago after spending the last two nights at our maternity hospital.  i woke up Monday and when i went to the bathroom and wiped, there was blood and a clot-like thing.  having not seen blood for nearly nine months, i got worried and had DP call the ER.  they said as long as i wasn't having contractions, it wasn't a big deal, so i told DP to go ahead and go to work.  i then talked to several...
Lea -- i'm so sorry.  i hope you and your DP can heal from this loss and come back to join us soon.
Herzlich Wilkommen, Frederike!  freut mich dass Du uns gefunden hast.  i graduated from this room about 8 months ago, but i wanted to come by and welcome you, because a) we're neighbors (bin Amerikannerin wohne aber in Frankreich), b) my DP and i went through a lot of the same difficulties you're having while TTC  c) we used a Danish donor and d) i have a very long history/love affair with Germany and the German language.  here in France, we have absolutely no access to...
MAX!!!!! I'm sooooo very happy to see you here.  I hope all goes well with the birth parents and that you're holding your baby in two short months!
i totally agree that the ultrasound + trigger route is the least stressful one if you want to nail timing.  that's what worked for us after over a year of OPKs, the ClearBlue Fertility Monitor, temping, watching CM, etc.  i was stimulated, so i had to have an u/s to check follicular growth and my lining thickness, and once i had a follicle over 17mm, i would trigger and then inseminate approximately 36 hours later.  
OUTDOORSY!!!!! woman, i am soooooo frakking happy to see you here.  it's about damn time!  i hope you aren't too disappointed about it being a singleton...i can promise you that the first ultrasound where you see that little person moving, you won't even remember that you wished for twins.  and just wait until you can feel the baby....it's the coolest thing ever.    yay!!!! and 
hi joy!  i'm a graduate of this room (after well over a year ttc), and i thought i'd share my experience.  in the beginning, my wife and i both religiously ate pineapple, avoided caffeine and alcohol, got acupuncture, made sure to have an orgasm after every insemination (at home with fresh), stayed lying down with our legs/bum elevated afterwards etc. etc.  after a year, we moved on to IUIs with frozen, and the clinic we went to didn't even let us remain supine for a few...