or Connect

Posts by nosreves

hi and WELCOME, photo girl! i'm threading jumping to comment on your insemination plans.  i saw that you are hoping to use a KD(known donor), and what i understood from your post is that you want him to donate at a clinic and then have his sperm frozen for you to use later.  i know that the laws surrounding the use of donor sperm (including directed donations) are pretty strict, and i think his sperm would have to be quarantined for something like six months and tested...
hi gals.  sorry for the radio silence.  i've been tired and unmotivated these last few weeks, and i'm just trying to get through my last week or teaching hell.  once it's all over, i'll have a long, long break and will certainly be more chatty.  i've been keeping up with everyone on here and FB, and DP and i have been ooo'ing and aaah'ing over all the adorable baby and belly pics.  strangely enough, i seem to dream about at least one of you every other night.  i've even...
angela -- based on my experiences with a stimulated cycle and a trigger, what you were experiencing sounds pretty normal.  i think we did my last insemination around 37 hours after i triggered, and i remember having some bad cramping about 24 hours later and being really worried that i'd already ovulated.  the pain stopped for a while, but when i went in for the insem the next morning, it had started back up and continued for another couple of hours.  i also had residual...
hey saragal, i just wanted to pop in and give you a huge *hug*.  i haven't gotten to the post partum part, but i've been (unfortunately) well-acquainted with depression for over 25 years, so i know how scared you must be feeling about the possibility of falling back into the black abyss.  i hope it's just a case of baby blues and that it passes as you heal physically and as the hormones calm down, but if it doesn't, i hope you'll take ksdoula's advice and get treatment....
oh, pokey, i am sooo soo sorry to hear your news.  .  please take good care of yourself and know that i'm thinking about you and sending you healing vibes.     if you want to know anything about injectables, feel free to PM me.  i was on them for two months and had a very good follicular response. i also found them a lot less crazymaking than the clomid.     big big *hugs* to you and your DP.
lise -- when i did my clomid cycles, i had one u/s per month at cd11 to check follicular growth and the thickness of my endometrium.  that was it.  i think most people also have a baseline scan at cd3-ish, as well.  when i moved on to injectables, i had a scan at cd3 to check for cysts and then another one around cd9.  my case is unusual, though, because the laws here made it impossible for us to get the monitoring we would have normally gotten.  i know for most people...
so while we wait for little Soren to make his appearance (), i thought i'd go ahead and share my news from today (that was what you were hinting at, AmandaH, no? )     i had my first u/s this morning, and before we even got to the dildocam transvaginal portion of the show, the doctor said "there are two embryos in there, and they're both alive."  after that we got to see the two sacs each with a little bean hanging out in it.  we also saw the beautiful little...
ELV, Sara!!!!  we'll be thinking about you today, and we can't wait to see pics of little Soren! 
pokey!!!!!  wooohooooooooo! congrats, gal!