or Connect

Posts by nosreves

cananny -- how are you and your DP doing? has she finally O'd?  i'd get her to a doctor asap if those symptoms don't clear up.  were you temping the two months where she didn't get a positive OPK?  i've got my fingers crossed that it all gets sorted out soon!   carmen -- your DD is a cutiepatootie!  and as for inseminating...personally, i'd go for it.  (of course, i'm speaking from the perspective of someone who doesn't always have access to sperm at the right time...
sara -- Osha didn't say anything to me, but i think i might have been channeling him.  the kid's got some mad telepathy skills!  i second Angela on Arlington and Crystal City.  for the most part, i loathe bland ole Northern Virginia (where i went to half of high school and where my dad still lives).  that being said, this site gives accolades to a campground that's very close to where my paternal unit lives.  it looks like it's about 20mins by car to the Metro, and...
seraf -- i don't live in the DC anymore, but i did for much of my teens and part of my 20s.  the zoo is free and really cool.  also, the smithsonian museums are a must-see, and they too are all free.  my favorites as a kid were the Air and Space museum and the Natural History Museum (don't miss the top floor.  the kids can hold tarantulas and huge cockroaches, if they are so inclined.) the east wing of the national gallery (the H shaped building right near the capitol...
sara -- you are sooo not boring!  i'm interested in hearing all about your life and times, and please send some of your photos!  as for sweets...i really love sour things, and it's hard to find sour candy in other countries.  the sour twizzler thingies and shock tarts (super healthy, i know) are some favorites.  don't bother with chocolate, though, because we have a lot of really good kinds here.  something else i love/miss is cream of wheat, but it might be too heavy to...
well, blah... i still have no +opk and no peak on the cbfm.  that's good news in terms of my lining, but our donor came over tonight and will only be able to come over one more time...at lunch tomorrow.  given that i have no ewcm and that his sperm count will probably be super low after donating tonight, this cycle seems very unlikely to work out.  i'm awfully glad i have this queer forum to vent on.  if i had to read about how all the other women can "bd" with their...
gelly -- aw, thanks for the encouraging words!  i don't know if she was like that because she suspected i'm gay or if she's just a bintch in general.  and i totally would have complained, but i still feel very shy with my french and get very flustered in situations like that.  it's a good thing that DP wasn't there, because she would have verbally fashioned her a new orifice.  how's your head today?  and how long do you have to do the injections?  hang in...
sweetrainbowbrite --  sorry that you're feeling some weird vibes here , but i'm happy that you've returned to the fold, and i'm so excited for you and your DP!  your engagement picture is beautiful.  both of you just glow with the love you two feel for each other.  and i'm all for a big ole belly at the wedding....you could tell your future LO that s/he was there for the ceremony when his/her mommies tied the knot!  when are you going to start your midwife training and...
ad astra --  we aren't allowed (by law) to get help ttc in france because we are lesbians.  married straight couples and straight couples who have the same kind of civil partnership we do can see REs, get inseminations/ivf and use donor sperm, but we cannot.  they even require proof that you're either married or in a heterosexual CP before they'll schedule an appointment.  as for the CBFM sticks, technically you're not supposed to try and read them, but you can still get...
ad astra -- i'm going to start doing OPKs tomorrow, and i've been using the CBFM since cd7 (i've used it for about 5 or 6 cycles so far)  apparently, clomid can cause false positives on opks and false highs on the CBFM, so they tell you to wait 3-4 days after your last pills to start testing.  the CBFM gave me a "high" reading on the very first day of testing, but it was also less than 12 hours after my last clomid.  today i noticed on the the CBFM sticks today that...
midwifesteph --  ah, yes, the driving in Italy.  we noticed things getting crazy once we crossed the border.  i have yet to get a French license, so DP did all the driving (thank jah!)  in the beginning she was cautious and slow, but after a couple of weeks, she was as bad as the Italians!  and, yes, we live in Paris proper.  as i've mentioned to other gals on here, you *must* let me know if you make it over again.  hopefully, we'll still be here...as much as we love...