or Connect

Posts by nosreves

krista -- ack, i never thought that i might not be O'ing, but now i'm worrying :( .  the CBFM and opks both say that i have the surge and they line up.  i was just thinking that my uterine lining isn't so great because my periods have been so light and short.  for DP too the monitor and opk's are the only proof we have of ovulation.  i get my surge a day before hers (hence the splitting of the sperm).  but maybe you're right and we should both just insem one person at a...
carmen  -- thanks for the advice (you obviously got it right with your DD!)  there are a couple of reasons why we are considering doing it so many times.  DP and i are both trying at the same time (and are basically on the same cycle), so the "baby juice" is already cut in half every time (although, i do realize that one good swimmer is all it takes...quality, not quantity).  and the other problem is that i had a cervical surgery last summer that has screwed up my CM and...
a question for Krista (and anyone else who insems at home with fresh sperm or who knows about these things):  what days do/should you inseminate?  if we end up having four "shots" (pun intended), which days would be the best? suggestions appreciated muchly.
ez -- I'm soooo relieved for you!  I was following things over in Q&P, and it sounded pretty distressing for a while there, but i was sending you good vibes from across the big pond.  congrats on the heartbeat!  what a moment to remember.    just think, not too far in the future we'll all be oohing and awwing over your new baby pics just like we have been with library and the other graduates of this room.   
krista- totally with you on the biological clock (which is now practically screaming.) we've just heard back from our potential #2, and DP has finally decided that we should go ahead and try with both of them next time (if #2's tests come back clear and on time).  four tries in one cycle sounds a lot better to me than two.  #2 has been a sperm donor for clinics, so hopefully he'll have good swimmers!  at this point, we just want it to work out....
thanks everyone for answering the QOTD .  somehow it's a bit of a relief to see that there are other older gals on here.  i was starting to feel like we'd missed the baby boat.  and wow, max, krista, gelly and i are all the same age!   so does anyone have ideas for the next question?   krista -- yay for the donors!  so you use both of them in the same cycle?  we have another possible donor and are thinking about it too (just so that we can insem more, and also...
aljm: i think a vacation sounds like the perfect thing. and you're absolutely right, it might not be anything at all. last summer my wife and i went on vacation for three weeks a couple of days after my cone biopsy. i knew it was going to be at least 2 weeks before i got the results, and even though i knew it could come back saying i had cancer, i decided to push it all out of my mind and just enjoy our travels. i relaxed, enjoyed the trip immensely, and two weeks in, i...
another thread crasher here   Felicitations, Library!  I was thinking about you all day yesterday and sending you lots of good energy.  Welcome to the world, little Alice.  You're a very lucky girl to have such wonderful mommies who wanted you so very much.    Looking forward to the pics and stories!   bisous to the new three-girl family!  
so i've been reading some of the old Queer Conceptions and i saw that very often there was a Question of the Day (QOTD) that everyone answered. what do ya'll think of starting that back up? i've been telling my DP about this board and she keeps asking me things like "How old are they? How long have they been trying? Are they taking any vitamins or doing anything special to try to get pregnant?" etc. So maybe we could start with that?   afm:   How old are you?...
aljm -- i know you're really scared right now, but try to breathe and remain positive.  the same thing happened to me last year when DP and i were doing all the prelims to start TTC.    first i was diagnosed with adenocarcinoma in situ (which is not very common but which is also quite aggressive and hard to treat).  the first thing the the gyn said to me was that it wasn't too serious but that i'd need a hysterectomy ASAP.  i had to leave her office to go cry in the...