or Connect

Posts by Jane93

Hi --   I base my statement of riskier behavior upon studies that show inducing at 41 weeks reduceds perinatal mortality versus expectant management. For example: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10234344?ordinalpos=1&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_SingleItemSupl.Pubmed_Discovery_RA&linkpos=5&log$=relatedarticles&logdbfrom=pubmed     Also, this one that shows going past 42 weeks increased stillbirth risks 3x for first time...
I have definitely seen stress play out as a "status" symbol in the graduate school environment.  The whole -- "I spent 28 hours in the library last weekend."  "Well, that's nothing, I spent 34 hours in the library and pulled an all nighter." type of oneupsmanship was very common.  It was a highly competitive environment with a number of people who were used to be the smartest, hardest working people in the room until they got distilled down to an environment where...
Oh!  Forgot two:   My bond with my children is not somehow less intense because I gave birth vaginally versus c-section.   My children are not somehow "lesser than" children that were born vaginally.     These are all thing natural childbirth advocates like to imply -- after all, they're selling a product too.
Hanging out on these forums was starting to make me feel negatively about my choice to have a c-section.    However, doing additional research has reminded me that my c-section was the best option for me.    My manifesto:   As for myself, I refuse to fetish-ize the process of birth -- my result of beautiful, healthy twin girls outweighs by a thousand pounds the feather of the birth process itself on the other side of life's scale.   I don't need to give...
I'm a little confused -- if she wants to engage in a risker behavior that increases risks of stillbirth by 3x, why shouldn't she be willing to sign an AMA form?  I mean, it seems like it shouldn't be able to be both ways -- that she is saying "I want to go engage in behavior that has is statistically higher risk AND hold the CPs responsible for my choice."