or Connect

Posts by Jane93

Jaimee --   On the waterbirth point we were discussing -- this may be of interest...   A paper was written about a waterbirth newborn who died of Pseudomonas pneumonia and sepsis as a result of waterbirth in the American Journal of Forensic Medicine and Pathology:   "It has been postulated that newborns will not breath or swallow while immersed in warm water, and that respiration will only be initiated on exposure to cold air. This has been used to support...
I have 16 month old twin girls.  Identical in looks and VERY different in personality...   My daughter E is wonderful -- bright, funny and loving.  However, she is also more stubborn, aggressive and proud than her sister.   She started biting her sister L about 8 weeks ago (started very minimally, but escalated very quickly).  Usually the trigger is a struggle over the same toy, though sometimes playful/loving wrestling can end in biting.  L has not bitten back...
I agree with Lauren!  Zoebird -- I think your responses are very thoughtful and helpful for any parent considering Waldorf.
"I believe that you are going to find whatever you WANT to find "   And I believe that things have their own reality beyond what you wish them to be.  I believe the parents on the Life After Waldorf thread deeply hoped that Waldorf education was going to be a positive thing and found that it did not work for their families -- in part due to some of the less public/anthro.-based attitudes and beliefs in other cases due to teacher incomptence, poor school management,...
I am extremely intrigued by your statement that:    "My research showed that the Waldorf educational system is so far (and I hope this changes) the best system for fostering healthy brain development in children. """ "   How did your research show this?  Is your research published anywhere we can read it?  Really -- for ALL children?
Honestly -- I think some people are just able to make the adjustment to a different culture better (more flexible personality/temperment, willingness not to impose some kind of moral judgment on different mores and behaviors, etc.).    However, from your previous posts, I do have to ask whether you think your husband's happiness level will be substantially different in Kenya?  Or will he still be dissatisfied -- for example, not being getting the respect he thinks he...
Thanks Zoebird.  I agree that something like eurythmy might have been a better example -- in each case an action which by itself is not harmful, but is engaged in for a specific spirtual purpose.   Obviously, for me personally, other people's intentions with regard to the "purpose" of the activity do matter -- even if on its face the activity itself is innocuous. 
Anthro itself may not be taught, but I think it usually influences what is taught, when it is taught and how it is taught.   Using a trivial example -- Waldorf elementary classes frequently do not provide black crayons.  As a non-Anthro. parent, do you care that black crayons are not made available in class for the spirtual protection of your child?    For me, the whole thing seemed a little like participating in the baptism of the child of a...
I understand that emergency "crash" c-sections can be performed in as little as 8 minutes.       There frequently IS a difference in being OOH in terms of timing, and people choosing homebirth should choose it with that understanding rather than trying to claim "its the same timing".
Zoebird -- I find your description of your son and choosing Waldorf to be a little counterintuitive.  Much of the Life After Waldorf thread points out that Waldorf tends to favor the "dreamy"/compliant child, and active children (particularly active, physical boys) are disfavored.  Also, Waldorf is most definitely teacher led, and your post seems to indicate a desire for child lead learning (where your child will not be "squelched" also your personal favoring of...