or Connect

Posts by nicolecatalan

This has a ton of pictures and positive birth ideas. http://www.pinterest.com/gaffentine/labor-prep/
I'm big on living an organic & natural lifestyle. I use to work on a organic farm and at a natural foods store. Right now we are very lucky to live close to so many organic farms, so I eat almost only organic foods. Eating out is an exception (rare for us), love Thai, Indian, Mexican and know its not organic...   For cleaning I use vinegar, and baking soda. Yes the vinegar smell is strong, adding some essential oils helps a bit. I get white distilled vinegar and put it...
Yes! My 2.5 year old.  Being so tender the last few weeks was the first hint that I might of been pregnant. I asked our midwife yesterday if the tenderness goes away and she said yes.  Was planning on letting him self wean, as was not planning on a baby so soon. We co-sleep and nursing to sleep is the big one for us still. I hope to get him in another bed next to ours, and able to fall asleep with someone else before baby arrives. But plan on tandem nursing when baby...
EDD: December 2nd Your Name: Nicole Age: 35 State: California  How long it took to you to get your BFP: Surprise!  What number child is this for you: 2 Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Papa and 2.5 year old son Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): No idea and will keep it a surprise.  Birth Plans/Preferences: Homebirth with same Midwife Anything else you'd like to share: 
I'm guessing that all worked out since this post is old. But if anyone else is looking I know some great resources here and can share them if interested. Sorry I'm just seeing this and find it crazy that no one replied to this!
Hardley Strictly Bluegrass best free music here, happens in the late summer early fall in golden gate park every year. This has a lot listed: http://www.mercurynews.com/music/ci_25488727/todays-music-picks-check-out-all-free-music In August there is a free fun event: http://jerryday.weebly.com/ I recommend avoiding the free days at the museums as they are so packed. I live about an hour north of sf and love visiting there, if I come across anything else I will post it...
I don't live there but enjoy visiting the area! If you are still looking for affordable land also check out the Mariposa, Ca. area. Lots of great deals there still. Hugs, Nicole
My chubby baby has turned into a slim waist toddler and I too have this problem now that we are potty training and moving away from the bulky cloth diapers. We live on the coast and its chilly most mornings so something I do is put one of those adjustable waist paints over another pair like pj bottoms (the ones that Gap has work great for this). But to answer your question I did find some sweatpants at Target (Cherokee brand) that fit well on his waist. Have a pair of Old...
Thanks Momasana, the more I think about it all the more ridiculous it all is to me too. I'm looking into switching speech therapist, since its seeming that we are just not a good fit.  -Nicole
My 21 month old has a speech delay and we have started seeing a speech therapist. At our last meeting she went on and on about extended breastfeeding/bottle/ and or pacifier use, and how its connected and can cause some speech issues, because he still nurses. She said that around 80% of the older kids she sees with major speech issues had extended breastfeeding/bottle/ and or pacifier use. I asked her what about other cultures where extended breastfeeding is the norm,...