or Connect

Posts by mareseatoats

x2! That was incredible!! Amazing, Caledvwlch. Thank you so much.
I agree. If a partner feels like letting the other person pick a name (I've also heard women who say they got to carry the baby so they let their husband name it (which I would never do!)) I think that's okay, but if both feel like they want a say I think you have to come to an agreement - either a name you both love or compromising on the first and middle or something.   ETA: If you really feel like the name IS your baby's name, though, I think it would be good to have...
Happy Easter, everyone! I hope this spring brings us lots of BFP and sweet babies. Thinking of all of you. 
I don't think so - I didn't see a way to enter either (no FB)
What about these two midwives? http://www.healthgrades.com/midwifery-directory/ca-california/crescent-city   I do know that midwives get busy and can't accept other clients, I was just wondering if you had heard anything about them. Or perhaps maybe they aren't able to see you with Lupus. I was wanted to get you the link in case you hadn't heard of them. It makes sense that Lupus can flare up with stress, and I really do think that you can have a lovely, peaceful...
Okay, we got kind of off track with the belly pictures, but we are seriously slacking! Anyone have some updated pictures to share?   I'm 25 weeks and change now, and so uncomfortable!   You can see our chick brooder in the background :)
Have you taken a pregnancy test? That would be a good step. The dollar store tests or $.85 ones at Wal Mart are just fine. You could also make a doctor appointment and have a blood test. If you are pregnant it would be good to know as soon as possible.    Perhaps you can talk to your partner, or doctor, about other methods of birth control. Pull out method is not generally considered a reliable form of birth control, especially as there is a bigger chance of user...
I feel like I may have missed why you feel like you have to have an epidural? With a doctor as pushy as yours sounds I would worry about the myriad of problems epidurals can cause and think avoiding one and trying to have a lovely, peaceful hospital birth (totally possible with or without an epi, I'm sure :) ) would be your best option. Also, are there any doulas in your area?   We are also moving during this pregnancy and I am having to switch care, with nothing that...
Caledvwlch - Thanks so much for taking charge of things! I will edit the post/title to reflect the timeline, etc. Let me know if there's other info I should change or add.   I do think we should have not too tiny of holes in the beads, but I know nothing about the gauge and bead size, but I don't know how we should regulate that. I'm not on facebook either, but I'm sure someone else can mention it. I think that's a great idea.
I don't really understand why people say it isn't a surprise if you find out during the ultrasound. It's still a surprise, just at a different time! We found out with our first two and decided to go team green this time around - I felt like it really helped me bond with the first two, we started using their names at that point and I really connected with them. Absolutely no regret. We decided to wait this time for a few different reasons - Primarily because I just felt...