or Connect

Posts by mareseatoats

We have the same issue of having different names. I feel like, practically, it makes more sense for the person who will be doing more doctor's appointments and school stuff to share the last name. My parent's hyphenated my name, and it really is kind of troublesome. Anyway, in our situation DD has my last last name, which I usually go by. I was a single mom, so that was easy. DS got Dh's last name, thinking we would all have that name when we got married. We've decided...

Yes, I do think that would work. We used Snappis about half the time (I like them because I liked to leave the covers off and just have the cotton prefolds) but they aren't really vital. A lot of places throw a few in for free though.
Yes, one customer at the bookstore I worked at asked if we'd chosen a name and when I said Malcolm paused and then sounding completely bewildered said "But that's a black name." Haha    Guess they haven't seen "Firefly" Captain Malcolm Renyolds aka Mal *swoon*
That's good to hear! Thanks for updating :) Have your itchy feet eased at all?
Oh gosh, there are so many things. Prefolds, Wool, AIOs, liners, wet or dry pail, hemp and bamboo options, etc. There's a cloth diaper forum on here, I think. I might also just search the forums for cloth diaper information. I will say that once you decide what you want to do Craigslist tends to have cloth diapers a lot, at least in our area. Lots to choose from and entire stashes. We like the cheap and simple route, generally - prefolds and covers. Dry pail. I like this...
Evie is so sweet, and I really like Edith. Definitely unique while still having a history. I got negative reactions to both of my kid's names, too, especially Malcolm. People were just blatantly like "oh no, don't pick that name". Of course people compliment it now. I really love it, it fits him so well. Tuesday is lovely! Oliver is a sweet name. I don't know how I would feel about the cat connection. I think even if it seemed weird at first (as Beatrice does a bit to me)...
Is it getting popular? I haven't ever met anyone named Evangeline (although maybe that doesn't mean anything, haha). I hear Clementine, my DD's name, once and a while. I would think it was more popular than Evangeline. DD hates the name Adelaide for some reason, and I think it is really on an upswing, so I doubt we'll use it. I don't know if I can get DH to agree to Beatrice because I had a much beloved car with that name. I wouldn't mind using it, but he might.    I...
Lindscott -- I think it is really wonderful you spoke up as well. I can't understand her point of view at all. I have a friend who had IVF to get pregnant with her two children, and at one point she said something about how it wasn't as special (or something) as getting pregnant naturally, and I just don't think that's true at all. If you go through fertility treatments that is such dedication. So many emotions, physical trials, money spent... So much to bring your child...