or Connect

Posts by mareseatoats

Is it getting popular? I haven't ever met anyone named Evangeline (although maybe that doesn't mean anything, haha). I hear Clementine, my DD's name, once and a while. I would think it was more popular than Evangeline. DD hates the name Adelaide for some reason, and I think it is really on an upswing, so I doubt we'll use it. I don't know if I can get DH to agree to Beatrice because I had a much beloved car with that name. I wouldn't mind using it, but he might.    I...
Lindscott -- I think it is really wonderful you spoke up as well. I can't understand her point of view at all. I have a friend who had IVF to get pregnant with her two children, and at one point she said something about how it wasn't as special (or something) as getting pregnant naturally, and I just don't think that's true at all. If you go through fertility treatments that is such dedication. So many emotions, physical trials, money spent... So much to bring your child...
Oh gosh my love for the name Gilbert is undying. I also love the name Ernest. Please name your boys Ernest and Gilbert! You'll clearly call Gilbert "Gil"  and Ernie and Gil are great! I actually didn't even realize what you were talking about with "Bert and Ernie" until my second read through.  I agree that people will find a reason to tease your kid no matter what. That being said, BM and BS are pretty terrible initials, if initials matter. Not sure if they do. I also...
I like the first one best :) I've always loved the name Etain. 
Oh my gosh - this is so cool! I didn't expect to have so many mamas with such amazing knowledge and talents. I feel really lucky we all came together with out little July babies.    Redrock - It makes me so sad to hear that you are worried about how your family would be treated in a farming community. I don't even know what to say. I'm so sorry. Have you ever considered a move to the West Coast? You can come be my neighbor!    Baby food - We may be different in the way...
Hi everyone! Reading along and cheering you all on :) Not much to report here right now. I had another nightmare that the baby was breech (and a girl - but that part was happy!) and it continues to worry me. I also found out that insurance would cover a birth center or home birth in Washington and feel like I need to more seriously consider those options now. Not sure what to do. Hugs to everyone!
I wanted to share this link - http://www.msichicago.org/whats-here/exhibits/you/the-exhibit/your-beginning/make-room-for-baby/interactive/ It's so neat! It is interactive and shows your organs moving as the baby grows.   How is everyone doing? Things here are... interesting! My mom had her surgery (breast cancer) and they weren't able to get clean margins, so they have to go back in. However they also found that all of her nodes were clear! Which is really wonderful...
In my experience most times the mother's insurance covers the baby the first month it is born, so that's worth checking. For DS we did use state health insurance and I just needed a note confirming my pregnancy from my midwives and they signed him up. Then I just had to let them know when he was actually born.
That is amazing!! Wow. It really does look professionally made. But cuter, of course. I love sewing but am still very new at it. I have tons of books with great patterns, but not enough gumption to follow through. I love this Oliver and S layette pattern -    (Neither of those are my pictures! Just day dreaming) That is amazing! How lovely and cozy. The colors are great and the stitches are perfect!
Ooh, I highly recommend Earth Mama, Angel Baby bottom balm (and other products, I really liked the bottom spray) for postpartum. You could register for those!