or Connect

Posts by mareseatoats

So happy to hear your good news! 
I don't think so. I would think (completely unresearched, just my instinct) if anything the farther apart they are the more strength your body can regain. I could be completely wrong, though. Maybe it depends on the person? I posted earlier about my labors (both quick) and they were nearly five years apart, as were my mom's. Our new baby will be almost three years younger, so it will be interesting to see. I've heard the third baby is a wild card, and so far that's been...
Meg, for me after a point the only thing that really worked was head down, butt up, with him behind. I desperately wish I was one of those women who can't get enough of her partner while pregnant, but I am soooooo not.
Wengrin, I think it is really common to feel worried at the same marker as a loss. I've read a lot of other women talk about the same thing. I wonder if doing something small to acknowledge the baby that stopped growing (maybe even just say a few words to him) would help with the day. I agree with all the wise things that Oxford said. You can do this. You are wonderful and your body has grown two healthy babies. It isn't broken, it can do the same again. I'm so excited for...
Primal, thanks for the new thread! I hope your appointment goes well and you are able to switch over.    Wengrin, how scary! I am glad you are okay. I think it is interesting what you get used to driving in. I'm from Oregon, so I have no problem in the rain. But snow? My idea of driving in the snow is pulling over to the side of the road and crying. It scares the bejeezeus out of me. How are you feeling? Do you have any appointments on the horizon?   Oxford, so glad AF...
I totally agree with you, Meg! It is crazy to me how different we all look and carry. When I saw RedRock's I didn't think she looked huge by any means. It's a lovely size! And carried in so cozy. I've had a growth spurt I feel like and have a little volley ball belly.  MamaMem, Love that belly! How did you heal your belly muscles? Did you do belly wrapping?  Meg - LOVE that belly! How are you feeling? I think you and I have a similar shape - all round out in front. I love...
I'm right there with you. Mine aren't too bad, in general, but my husband is working out of town. He has been since November and we won't live together again until mid May. He works about 4 hours away from where we live. He comes home on weekends, and the last two weeks especially I've been so afraid something will happen to him on the drive or while he's up there. I miss him so much. I sometimes have irrationally intense fears like that about my kids, too (although it's...
   I got this all the time with my last pregnancy. I seriously think I got so big that people stopped talking to me about my pregnancy at all. It is hard to hear, but I think an important thing to remember is most people really have no idea what a real pregnant woman looks like. Most people don't have many intimate experiences with a pregnancy, and I think most who do probably forget. And it is only recently that women stopped wearing loose or baggy clothes to disguise a...
I rarely wear actual maternity clothes, I tend to go with bigger sizes of non-maternity and lots and lots of dresses. I do love my belly band, though! Started using it at about 20 weeks, but could have used it before. 
I really can't imagine why your midwife would have told you that. It just simply isn't true. I've gained 15lbs as well, and I'm thrilled with that! Our bodies will do what they need to, and some women gain lots and some gain less. I went from 115 to 160 with my son and no one batted an eye. Of course 10 of that was him and 3 was his placenta, but still! Like Margo said, if you're eating somewhat healthfully your body will do exactly what it needs to. I only weigh myself a...