or Connect

Posts by mareseatoats

I can't tell if it is grains or sugar, but homemade cookies (no oatmeal, though) and blueberry muffins have been the worst culprits for me so far.  Really interesting to hear how things are different without your gallbladder! 
I love this thread! So many wonderful points of view.   I think Harry and Ginny together is alright. Ginny is strong and smart and has a great sense of humor, and him becoming part of the family for real is nice. I never saw Harry with Hermonie. I feel like this is a good representation of why they work alright.   I didn't buy Ron/Hermonie, but I don't really see Hermonie with anyone. Same with Ron. I just don't think the books were about that, you know? And I also...
Oxford, I woke up super grumpy as well! Clementine made me hot chocolate and toast and brought it to me in bed on a little tray with a cloth napkin. I was so surprised it knocked my bad mood away! Maybe suggest that to your DH Are you planning in testing in a few days, or going to wait it out? Chourd, glad you've found relief! That really is an awful feeling. And good news about the little ones, too. So exciting! How many are they planning on transferring? How would you...
That's great information, thanks Mamablue! I texted my midwife to ask about it. That would be a much better option.
I'll have to ask about that. I am not sure if you have to do it earlier or not, do you know? I wanted it but didn't have risk factors so my insurance would not cover it. Perhaps that would be different now.
There are only two tests, a quad screening (the doctor said if we got a positive the chance of it being a false positive would be 99% based on how the test is done and results calculated) and an amino, which has the 1/300 miscarriage risk. Neither sound like very good options... What do you think? I guess it is at a point where we wouldn't "do" anything about the results anyway, so I don't know that it is worth the risk.
I agree with you that people can be really thoughtless when talking to pregnant women. I think they honestly don't understand how their words can be hurtful for the most part, but come on! Hearing we're tiny is worrisome and frustrating - we're working hard to grow this baby! And hearing we look like we're due any day is at best frustrating and at worst also upsetting. With DS I had extra amniotic fluid and was very worried for a while. Every time someone said that I...
Farmes, do you know how to measure your fundal height? I find that reassuring when I'm feeling smaller than I should. At 20 weeks it should be right around your belly button I believe. It is interesting you haven't gained anything yet. What do your care providers say?   AFM - Something funny happened to me last night. I don't own a scale, but a month ago at my appointment I was 123 (from PP 115) which seemed good. I stepped on my dad's scale last night and it said...
Oxford! Been thinking of you. How are you feeling/how is your chart looking? Wendy, thinking of you too. How are you feeling about your scan tomorrow? I hope you are able to feel a little excited! Sending healthy little baby thoughts your way. Primal, I hope things have eased for you a bit. You said your ultrasound was soon, too, didn't you?   AFM - Excited about all the goings ons in this group! I finally caved and got some Sudafed and it seems to have helped...
Me, too, Chourd! And hoping you are feeling more comfortable.