or Connect

Posts by Ceinwen

Mine owes me $7000, on paper, in our legal agreement.   I'll never see a penny of it.
If you truly believe that he only wants EOWednesday, then I'd have it changed. Also, if he refuses to change it, states that it's temporary, or what have you - then absolutely insist that he make arrangements.   (Bolding mine) I completely agree with this. I also see the need for some flexibility (things do come up, right?) but IME it can also turn into being treated a) like a built in babysitter or b) like taking his own kids is optional... one week I'll take them, one I...
That is so not cool.
Just what I was gonna say...  
To solve the whole 'who's waiting around for who' situation here (my ex is chronically, unmanageably late - and he admits it as a flaw) and me losing my mind, we changed it up.   Friday nights, I drop dd1 & dd2 off to my ex (so I'm not waiting for him to come and get them) and Sunday night he drops them off to me. He knows that if he's late bringing them home, all !@#$ will hit the fan. I'm not talking 5 or 10 minutes (even though that annoys me because I like to be...
Trust me, I'm as ferociously protective as the next single mama, maybe even a bit close to the 'unreasonable' edge... I really do believe that you're setting yourself up for a bad dynamic here.   Does your ex have the right to meet everyone you're bringing into your daughter's life? Do you have the same time restrictions? If you believe he's a decent parent, you really need to allow him the room to make some of these decisions. Also, if your daughter is verbal and...
When I was at home, I would have loved someone to share the days with. Another mother with kiddoes would have been great... talk about missing your village...
I know, right?! Thankfully my ex and I use it as a joking point when things get tense between us. "Yeah, well - I'm gonna buy her the first car", lol.  
I think the thing here to recognize is that people will take control over things in their lives - when they feel they have very little control in other areas.   As far as going to court or mediation, I think that's a lost cause. Maybe she doesn't like the phone he has? The very most you can control is not allowing the phone during your parenting time... just as she can refuse to let him use your phone during her parenting time. Childish? Yes. But it's reality. A...
I tend not to get to excited about this stuff. I mean, our kids meet new friends and acquaintances all the time right? My current gf of almost two years, actually met my kids before I met her ;) (She was their DCP).   I do understand your feelings re: loss of control, but like a pp mentioned, there's not a lot you can do about this kind of situation. I've found that being gracious around these sorts of things paid off more in the long run.