or Connect

Posts by Ceinwen

I try to be careful with being too judgey, because my youngest daughter's name is out there (Rue Bee - and we call her Rue) and I'm sure my girlfriend and I will come up with something unusual for the next one. :lol
I'm a single mom, and an RN. I work a mix of days/nights (12 hour shifts) and sometimes I think it would be easier to work Mon-Fri (9-5) or (8-4) because the days when I'm working - I don't see my kids, and my days off feel like they're spent recovering from the flip flopping of shift work. And I absolutely work every other weekend - sometimes more if I have to pick up additional shifts.
Yup.   I'm in Ontario, and my (almost) wife has the right to keep the girls at home with her. Usually this is only over night when I'm working (I work nights occasionally) and even my ex agrees that dragging them to his house just to sleep makes no sense.   If/when my ex remarries or has a common law partner, the same right would extend to them.   It would be nice, in a perfect co-parenting world, to always keep the kids best interests at heart. We're good about 90% of...
Everything else aside, I really had to jump in and say that ROFR has made both my (and my ex - he agrees with me) life absolutely unbearable.   When we get along, it really doesn't affect anything. You offer the time to the other party as seems reasonable... which we do... when we're getting along.   When we're fighting, we both use the ROFR order like a club to bash the other person.   You'd be surprised how ugly it can get. Ours states 'more than four...
It was different for me in that I started dating my youngest daughters child care provider (she was 16 months old at the time) and my older daughter was 7.   So, both kids already knew her. There was no point in pretending that we weren't going out and doing stuff. Initially, we did low key stuff like going to the beach, park, etc.   It was pretty funny when I finally had to explain to my 7 year old that we were dating, and not just hanging out as friends (after...
  Damn you ladies are always right. I just want to be done with him - with the emotional part of it, you know? Obviously we're going to need to communicate, and god knows I'd rather be friendly. But I am so, so tired of being on tenterhooks waiting to see what mood he's going to be it. Do I need to placate him, be his buddy, avoid him, etc. etc.   meemee, I'm literally going to print out your post and slap it in my journal. Especially the part about not letting him...
My ex has just discovered that the best way to screw me over is to do nothing.   I filed for divorce, and he had 30 days to reply either way. He could a) sign the papers b) hire a lawyer and contest it or c) do nothing.   At the end of 30 days, his opportunity to reply ends. Then my lawyer goes before the judge to ask for an uncontested divorce.   My ex (thus far - there are 10 days left) has done nothing. He doesn't even disagree with what I filed. The...
I deal with this every time my two girls (ages 8 & 3) come back from their dad's house (it's EOW as well).   They spend the entire weekend eating McDonald's, watch MTV and staying up all hours of the night. One of them usually comes home Sunday night vomitting, and the entire next week is spent trying to get them back on track.   I honestly have no good advice. I'm actually hoping to hear some...
It's not a newborn visitation situation, but I know last summer when my ex started taking my two girls overnight (oldest was 6 years old, youngest was 16 months) I was having a stroke over sending my toddler. But - I was in the same situation as you... The toddler had already been going to daycare, had spent the night with my mom and/or sisters by that point, etc. etc.   So most of my arguments had gone out the window. He still has many moments where he calls me in...
I'm at a total loss for what to get my eight year old this winter for Christmas.   We do the little rhyme 'something you want, something you need, something to wear, something to read'.   She's asking for Little Pet Shop toys, but a) I know she doesn't/won't play with them and b) she won't be happy she 'wasted' her 'something you want' wish on a Little Pet Shop set.   What are your eight year olds into? She likes to read, and crafts, she also (god help me)...