or Connect

Posts by Ceinwen

Separated for almost two years. Filed for divorce last week. My ex is having a conniption fit - I can see him making this difficult. Here he has 30 days to respond. If he chooses to sign off, great. If he causes trouble, I have 10 days to reply. If he does nothing, after the 30 days - it'll be signed off. God I can not wait. My kids are gone this weekend, he was just served this past week. I'm really hoping there's no drama w/him at drop off tomorrow night (my gf...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamafish9 To pull over my reply to your original post in H&H, I'd start with trying magnesium. Do that for a week (Epsom salts baths and as much as you can get into your DD orally). Then add in low sals for a week (that's easy enough to do without Feingold instructions). If that much fixes everything, great. If it improves things, but not enough, then I'd start an elimination diet to figure out what she might be reacting...
Thank you so much for all of the pointers already. I have to admit, I'm feeling completely overwhelmed, not even sure where to start. Would the Feingold diet be the best bet as a beginning?
Wow, what a thread! So much info here. Guess I'll copy and past my original post, and go from there. My youngest dd will be three in December. She has ADHD (which I hate as a label, btw). Our pediatrician, who I love and adore and is very open to trying anything I want to, has said that she's never seen a child quite as wired as Rue. If you try to get her to stand still for thirty seconds, she visibly vibrates. She's over the top defiant (and not in a...
There is way too much info in that thread. I don't even know where to start... Thank you for the list though, I'm going to start browsing through it!
I'm willing to help with books, let them live at home, help w/gas/car costs, etc. if they live at home and go to university here - but I'm definitely saving for retirement over my kid's post-secondary educations. I paid my way through university to graduate with a 4.0 and a BScN. My parents have five kids and can't afford to pay for the bunch of us. I didn't find it impossible to get through school - and I did it w/two young children.
Awesome, thanks for the direction. I'm going to go and check it out.
My youngest dd will be three in December. She has ADHD (which I hate as a label, btw). Our pediatrician, who I love and adore and is very open to trying anything I want to, has said that she's never seen a child quite as wired as Rue. If you try to get her to stand still for thirty seconds, she visibly vibrates. She's over the top defiant (and not in a toddler way) - I mean this kid will literally starve, die, freeze (whatever the case may be) before giving in...
A mix of daycare, summer camps, my kid sisters, my gf, my mom and vacation time w/their dad (my ex). It's a jumble, but it's a fun summer. I'm a nurse btw, and having to work holidays can be brutal (I had to work last Christmas) but it's all worth it in the end.
What are your favorite books about working mothers? I'm reading The Second Shift right now, but I'd love to have a few other suggestions. I could use a 'pick-me-up' about working right now, even if the book is controversial. My gf recently became the SAHP, and I'm working longer hours than ever. Feeling a bit isolated. What books have caught your attention?