or Connect

Posts by Ceinwen

So, my ex and I separated (w/ a legal separation agreement) two years ago this coming March. I'm ready to go ahead and file for divorce. Our separation agreement stipulates that the divorce agreement will be the same as the separation. From my understanding, the process should work something like this: I file (w/my lawyer), my ex has 30 days to respond. If he doesn't, a judgement will be entered (not for or against anyone per say) if he does and he agrees, the motion...
Quote: Originally Posted by singin'intherain My ex used me as his sounding board for the first two years after we split up. I listened to his "feelings" for hours, not wanting to upset him and start trouble. My friends told me that our boundaries were not healthy, but it took me starting to see someone else for him to stop regarding me as his emotional crutch. He said the same stuff to me about not having anyone else to talk to. Bah! Try to disentangle...
Quote: Originally Posted by RollerCoasterMama I feel the opposite...like he never really knew me. There are whole parts of me he never bothered to learn about. HUGE giant parts of me that I'd have been happy to share, wanted to share. But it takes a conversation and he was afraid to talk about his own issues so he wouldn't open that door. I've since begged him to talk to SOMEONE so he gets some of that sorted out. But he won't. Some macho - I don't...
if your ex is mad at you? I have no idea why this bothers me. For some reason, my ex is upset w/something I said (I told him my brother and his girlfriend were expecting a baby, and something along the lines of it was giving me baby fever - and that I couldn't wait to have another one) He literally said 'whatever', hung up on me, and has been ignoring my calls and text messages all day (I'm still not sure why this bothered him - he has always known that I would...
Quote: Originally Posted by Momily To be clear, where I live and work, that's court order as in restraining order, not custody order. If a parent is named on the birth certficate, I need to allow them to take their child, regardless of whether or not they have custody or even visitation. The only exceptions are cases where there's a termination of parental rights, the child is in foster care, or where there's a restraining order either barring the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Minxie I have cooked chicken stock in the crockpot overnight so I didn't have to tend it on the stove. In winter, I cook steel-cut oatmeal with cinnamon, nutmeg, dried fruit and cream; I set it up the night before and cook it on LOW. When we wake in the morning, the house is full of the most delicious smell. Everything else aside - this sounds freakin' delish. Are there approximate amts. that you use? And...
I thought you were going to say your DSD was 2 or 3 years old - I have held my 2 year old over the boat edge to pee... but 13? That's incomprehensible. I think what your DSD's stepfather did was completely inappropriate, and I absolutely agree that you (or your dh) should step in, one way or another.
Well, I had a unique situation in that my gf was already spending each and every day with my youngest (during the week - she was the lead in her daycare room) We didn't make a big deal out of it when we started dating. My two kids were 18 months and 6.5 years when we started doing things all together. And we had moved in w/in six months, so it went quickly. I know a lot of people wait longer to introduce their SO - but my kids already knew her well.
No advice, just and commiseration. My dd will be three in December - she has never, ever, never slept more than two to three hours at a go. She requires a lot of work to get to sleep, a lot of effort to help her stay asleep - plus she has SPD and ADHD, so our days are tough too.
My dd will be eight and is in grade two - maybe she just doesn't mind? We do about 20 minutes of homework a night. It wouldn't occur to me to make a fuss about it. To me, going to school equates some amount of homework at night. Not a big deal to our family. Dd knows that I went to university when she was younger (in order to get my BScN - I'm an RN) and saw the hours and hours (and hours) that went into studying and writing/researching, etc. She has no issue with...