or Connect

Posts by Ceinwen

Quote: Originally Posted by ginger_rodgers I think it's quite important for us to be clear about what we do and don't want in our lives, and that extends to relationships with other people. Women are expected to go along, be nice, do things they don't want to do, even after they've been taken advantage of wildly -- but I find that the penalty for saying, "Yeah, thanks, but no," is generally pretty small. In other words, we get bullied. And we let it...
This is JMHO so take it for what it's worth: Don't.do.it. : My ex and I separated when he had an emotional affair. He went on to date that same woman, and it fell apart for them. During this time ex was working out of town and was very lonely and missed dd and myself. After about fourteen months of separation, we reconciled. During the following two years, we married, bought a house, had another child. Then he had another emotional affair, which included...
Quote: Originally Posted by BedHead Me too. I have pics on my blog of my garden this past weekend, under three feet of snow. I've got snow up to my windows, so I'm sharing the pain too. :
Wow, he just really sucks, doesn't he?
Quote: Originally Posted by ginger_rodgers Wait, why do you have to meet her? I wouldn't. Your stbx can pick up your son if that's where he wants to have the party. I just wouldn't have any part of it. Are you kidding? And he can be the one to explain to your son why he's doing the pickup, too. I love this thing where in order "to be nice and do it for the kids" we're supposed to go participate in screwing ourselves over in this manner. Do you...
Oh lord mama. BTDT - and I've got the emotional baggage to go with it. My ex put me through the.exact.same.painful.situation. Unfortunately, I have not stellar advice because I simply refused to meet her. Acutally, he initially refused to ~let~ me meet her, and by the time he was ready... well, let's just say I found out exactly what had been said about me and I didn't feel like meeting her. In my case, it became inconsequential because they broke up. The...
OMGosh this thread moved really fast! I've been working (shift work - I'm an RN) and I have five pages to go back and catch up on! My whine today is that I've lost my little book that has all the foods in it with the appointed values. That didn't take very long now, did it? I'm not sure what to do now. I hate the thought of buying another one! Anyway, it's been going well. I'm not doing meetings, just following the points and trying to get in some exercise each...
Thanks for the Harrowsmith rec! I actually subscribe, so I don't know why I didn't think of it! AM - I'm just starting on my seeds now, so you're not too late at all!
I'm so glad you updated mama. Sending lots of strength and love during a difficult time.
Hook me up :