or Connect

Posts by _jenn

I have a couple of pantries in the dining room so thats where we store all of our books etc...and on the lower shelves i have art stuff thats easy to get at. All we do is close the doors and its out of sight. As for reading and writing spots...evan likes to journal outside in his wagon, cole likes to write beside the fish tank. They like to write on the windows with dry erase markers and the best math happens in the car. Science never happens inside really...we go find it ...
~when you grab grapes from the grocery store for a healthy lesson in fractions
Quote: Originally Posted by Relynn Do people really think public schools are for socializing?? I thought they were for education? I think that public schools are the LAST place for any proper socialization, unless you want your kids to be socialized in a "Lord of the Flies" type of atmosphere..If all they have is "what about socialization?", then they have nothing.. ok finished reading TOO FUNNY i had to call DH in to read that one!!
Someone may have said this (lazy and only read half of the replies) but who is best friends with all 30 of their classmates?? Maybe 2 really REALLY close friends and the other 28 are just acquantainces. (and thats if you arent being bullied or ostrasized) Well....my sons have 2 good friends (their brothers!) and plenty of acquantainces. And these acquantainces are from a wide array or settings....not just from behind a desk So...off my soapbox now.... (LOL) i just say...
I always just said "he's much too busy for preschool" in a sincere and soft tone...followed by a smile. No one ever kept it up after that. Maybe i just looked comfortable in my decision and they knew arguing was pointless. I suppose if someone were to continue about socialization i could mention that he does indeed socialize every day at swimming...park...with his brothers blah blah blah. I like the one about "did you go to preschool?" so many ppl are hung up on new...
thanks guys. I think that i am going to stick with old faithful terry pads....and maybe think about them later for under form fitting shirts. I am what i would call a waterfall leaker. I wake up in puddles (poor dh) and need to stuff a recieving blanket in the other side of my shirt when i bf. so probably not for me. Night owl...i hear you with the health thing. defiately doesnt sound like something youd want to use all the time. Esp if mastitis or thrush is a problem....
me, dh, ds 1 and 2 and a big big tummy (soon to be ds3) we have 2 queen sizes on the floor mushed in together
I am pg with ds#3 and have very very heavy letdown when breastfeeding. i am engorged and leeky for the first 8to9 months. There is a new reusable sylicone breast "pad" that is supposed to stop leeks as opposed to absorb them, by plugging the nipple. Anyone tried them?? They are called LILYPADS. I was wondering if any women with strong letdown have tried them and how they think that they work. they are $30 canadian for 2 reusable pads...alot to spend just to find out that i...
We're having a boy. His name is Owen Micheal William My other 2 have 3 given names as well. Micheal is my mothers favorite name and william is the name of BOTH of my dhs grampas. we both love Owen. PA Great names everyone!!
Quote: Originally Posted by almostfey I also keep trying to put things away in the microwave instead of the fridge. Of course they're right next to each other, but still. haha...i find the weirdest things in the fridge lately. papers i put away.... also i have been leaving the house carrying the cordless phone lately (i guess i thought it was a cell?! and i brought my remote control to my moms house with me by mistake the other day. My...