or Connect

Posts by heybabyquepaso

I wanted to check in and say that I have made a more concentrated effort to speak more Spanish since your reply :) It's not my first language but I'm fluent enough, all though I admit I do worry that he'll have my accent! At any rate, we live more north by Ventura County but I will keep my eyes open for groups near us. We actually have friends at church who are speaking Spanish at home as well (the mother at least), so I look forward to our kids connecting because of it :)
My husband's from South America and is all about me as a SAHM.  It's pretty common in his country but he also grew up with a nanny so I'm not sure I can entirely blame his culture. On the other hand, he has said that after the baby is a year old, I should go back.   So I guess it is valued in his eyes and would be acceptable in his culture, but it's not necessarily what he wants me to do forever/what I'll do forever. I'd love to because there are many things about...
    I haven't posted this on facebook yet, although I have posted breastfeeding photos on facebook before with no real problem. This one is from my blog post- In Defense of Nursing To Sleep :) My son is almost 6 months here.
  Preach it. We are so there.
We've hired someone to clean our house twice- once the weekend before my son was born and once at the beginning of March (so about a month ago). I needed the help getting the house to look decent, for my own mental health. I don't think we can do it very often but it really helps me out. When the house is clean, I feel like I've been given a head start to keep it looking decent for awhile. If you can do it and it helps, why not?        
YES. So much so that one of his co-workers had to say "hey, take the day off!" the day after our son was born!   I love my husband dearly and I really recognize that his work gives him a purpose and when he's honest, makes him happy. We've been there, in that place where he was unemployed and in his pajamas all day and depressed and feeling like he just had no vocation and calling, and so I recognize that he needs to work to be happy (well, I guess don't we...
I think it's me. I just can't schedule. And I feel like that is making my job harder? But I really like the explanation of a rhythm (Thanks, mommariffic!) Even though I can't express exactly what we do all day, we do have a pretty consistent rhythm. That is the best way I've heard it described ever and I think I'll use that when I'm attacked by all my baby-wise friends.   Really. I tried typing out our day. It just sounds really awful and unorganized. And pretty much...
Wait, he isn't supposed to sleep between us?? I didn't even know that was a rule until I started reading the replies in this thread! LOL.   We don't. We were always pretty intentional about making sure the blankets and pillows weren't next to his face, but we pretty much just plopped him in between us and even now- I just put him in his spot in the middle of our bed, LOL. Actually, now at almost 6 mos., he kind of snuggles with the comforter but I'm not as worried...
Hey, I joined that group! Very cool- I'm really looking forward to it! Thanks for the tip!
 We speak English and Spanish in my home as well :) My husband is from Chile and while I also speak fluently, we have heard that one way that works is if I speak English and my husband speaks Spanish. We are also using signing, as a common language between all 3 of us.  I'm a little concerned about retention because the baby is around me more, but we watch a lot of Spanish TV at night and when he is old enough, I will encourage Spanish TV for him as well. So he hears it...