or Connect

Posts by Bugglette

My son is about 4.5yrs old and has never had a serious injury, but has had a lot of bumps, bruises, and scrapes.  He has never had a problem with blood/bleeding until very recently (the last month or so) and I want to ease his fears before it becomes a life-long issue for him.  I have no problem with blood at all and am able to remain calm when he gets hurt...DH is another story.  DH is afraid of blood and definitely does not handle stressful situations very well, even...
Wow, lots of boys!!   My appointment is this Friday and we're really excited! We were going to wait to find out the gender until birth, but I've been feeling girl and there are boys abound in my family so I HAVE to know if I'm right, lol!  There is a teaching clinic here that does free sex checks; $50 for the 20wk diagnostic.  We decided to go for the full diagnostic since my midwife says my uterus feels a little big for how far along we think I am...but baby felt...
Thanks for this thread!!  I've been avoiding reading it because there were SO many responses, lol....but it is great learning so much about everyone!   I am 26 (27 in Aug), DH is 39 (40 in Oct).  We've been together for 8yrs, married for 4 this Dec.  We met online in early 2004; things moved quickly  I moved in that October.  DS was a surprise, we found out I was pregnant in 2007...he turns 5 in January.  We got married just before DS's 1st birthday, just a visit to...
Just requested to join . (Laura Heaney)
I haven't been having pelvic pain, but my tail bone hurts.  I find that doing a flat footed squat, instead of sitting, helps a lot....and strengthens the pelvic floor, too!  I just wish it was more socially acceptable in our culture, so I could do it when not at home, LMAO!   I need to blow up my exercise ball, I'm sure that would help too.
I'm glad this thread is here!  Here is my story, involving only vomit:   DS and I flew to NY (from AZ) to visit my sister and I was pretty much sick the whole time we were there, with it all peaking the night before we were to head back home....so I was already dreading our flights.  On the first plane (a puddle jumper) DS and I both threw up during landing, but luckily it all made it in to those handy barf bags and the plane was still running with everyone in their...
I am planning a homebirth...and am very excited about it!  I really wanted a home birth with DS, I just HATED our home (an ugly, uncomfortable rental).  So I opted for a birth center instead, but the center closed a few month before my due date (insert eye roll here), so I ended up with a hospital birth, overseen by a birth center midwife.   This time, it's a homebirth all the way...which is actually better for us financially.  The price of our son's hospital birth,...
I told my sister (who is in labor as I type this!!), my mom and my best friend.  I will probably tell other family, friends and FB around 12-16wks.  My BFF is a photographer and we're already discussing announcement photos.  Probably, something along the lines of this:
So far, my workout plan consists of laying on the couch and eating DS's Easter candy, lol.  We do walk/jog/run twice a day with the dog (speed depends on DS), and I would like to start doing some yoga.
I'm so sorry!  Miscarriages SUCK!  I hope you start to feel better and find peace very soon!