or Connect

Posts by birdhappy85

Oh yikes, Nicole, I'd totally feel bad if I were your little sister too... The whole "reciprocation" expectation between weddings is a tough one. Funny, I didn't even think of that. The two friends I mentioned above were both in my wedding and I'm not in either of theirs. Hah. Oh well! To each his/her own. My additional thought is that sometimes it's soooo much nicer to NOT be in the wedding party. I am pretty excited to just sit back and enjoy the festivities at these...
Oooo DH said he'd actually prefer a non-HE washer if we get one. YESSSS   Aww, my poor cat woke up from a nap in his kitty bed and must've had a kitty nightmare. He was cry-meowing.    My DH just read the letters "DH" and said, "What's that mean?" and I go, "Dear hubby," and he goes, "Oh, cuz in baseball that means Designated Hitter." I was like, "So then that makes our partners sound like wifebeaters." 
Um, no, Nicole.... I would be totally upset too if I were close to my sister and she didn't ask me to be in her bridal party. Are you two really close?   My best guy friend of 8 years got engaged a few months ago and told me he was going to ask my DH to be a groomsman. I sat there like..... uh..... he's hardly hung out with my DH, and he's been MY best friend forever. But I guess he can't choose who stands up with his fiance, so..... it just hit me hard at first. Plus,...
I haven't seen that feature but the signature thing shouldn't be an issue since we aren't growing our group to outside members and I'm sure we can all agree as the small group we are to just limit our sigs.   There are calendar settings, news feeds, shoutbox (this is cool!), private messaging.... There is no chat, though. I'm not sure how big a deal that is. We're used to chatting through threads.   I'll PM Amanda and Jaimee shortly.
Okay so one thing I'm observing is that the Freeforums site looks way better and is more user-friendly on mobile than on the computer. I assume it's just a theme issue on the computer then?   DH is doing code stuff and adding emoticons to Proboards just to see how it looks. The mobile site looks good so far too. There is a mobile app you can purchase for $2.99 but I'm not sure why that's necessary because just going to the desktop site thru my cell phone brought up what...
Okay guys I hate to do this because you've worked really hard on the current forum, but I'm wondering if the Proboards one may be more user friendly and easier on the eyes...... Anybody willing to check it out? It seems easier to navigate and more of a look that we're used to with the MDC. I haven't looked at the Freeforums site on mobile yet, but on the computer I'm having some concerns about it. I was having navigation issues right away. I consider myself well-versed in...
Funny you mention that, Sara. I have been actively looking into museum and zoo memberships these past few days. My mom agreed to pay for half of the cost of a membership to the Milwaukee Zoo for S's birthday, so we'll be getting that again. Yay! The membership includes an extensive reciprocal zoo and aquarium list across the U.S. but unfortunately only one other place in WI a few hours away. We could explore places in Illinois a little bit. Other than that, I've been...
Happy birthday, Greta! Kirsten, I'm glad you had fun last night! Nicole, that's great about the babysitter and also that you're enjoying being back at work! Sonja, the snap of Eli in the pack n play was awesome. Ash, I can't even imagine what your sister is going through. Wow. :-( I'm sorry to hear that. Melissa, that sucks about the vax debate. Very frustrating. Kami, FX that you don't get sick! Christina, we have a front loading HE washer and we hate it. Our...
DH tested out ProBoards.com and said the forums there are great. He was all eager to check things out. He loves this stuff... but I told him it sounds like you guys really like the freeforums one? I want to see it for myself!
Subbing. Just caught up but forgot what I read. Will chat later. Hanging with the fam!