or Connect

Posts by birdhappy85

Is it weird that I'm emotional over not being able to be home to potty train most effectively? It's realllly upsetting me. I am not a very consistent person with daily tasks to begin with, and DH is even worse than me, so between me being out of the house 50 hrs/wk and him having slightly more time with her than me, I don't know how this is going to work. I need my weekends to decompress after the work week. The thought of following around a bottomless toddler and cleaning...
I'm the biggest fan of Oriental ramen noodle slaw salad, but I'm so leery of ramen seasoning packets, vegetable oils, and heaps of sugar my recipes usually call for. So, I'm psyched that I just somehow made it taste exactly the same using olive oil, stevia, and my own homemade seasoning blend. Woohoo! I set aside a bunch for me without the noodles and it tastes just as good. Nom nom nom. I'm ready for the BBQ.   I had stretch marks over a decade before a kid came...
Wow Sara, the jeans look great! I may have to bust out my old sewing machine, get some new needles, and take in some jeans at some point to save money. The one time I tried sewing a tear in my jeans years and years ago, I broke the needle cuz I was stupid and didn't realize how damn thick the seam of the jeans was.  You all make me want to get my craft on.
Oh no, Amanda, I'm so sorry! I hope you can get the smoke smell out. That sounds like it was so terrifying for your daughter. I can't even imagine. A simple reading light! Jeesh!   Good luck on the alteration, Sara!   Yep, we got a babysitter, Jaimee. (No hookah for Sora, LOL.) We have a handful of sitters lined up for when we need one. I'm thinking we'll continue this trend to go on dinner dates for a few hours and then come home and finish dates here because...
DH and I just got done with our awesome double date night. Yay! We went to dinner with our newly engaged friends at a Middle Eastern restaurant. Omg yummmm. I had stuffed grape leaves, lentil soup, and shawarma. And then HOOKAH! So fun. I can't believe I'd never tried it before. They came over after and we enjoyed our finished patio for the first time with the fire pit going and a bottle of wine. I'm totally chill. I need more nights like this! Tomorrow we're having a bbq...
So your doctor is willing to induce? That's really good in the first place! I hear that doctors will usually go straight to c-section if a woman had a previous C because of risk of uterus rupture with induction meds. Not to put that idea in your head or anything, I just thought that was standard protocol.
That's not a bad idea, Nicole.... LOL
Oh, update on Sora. She is still gimpy but not as bad. Will probably take her for an adjustment this week because it looks like her hip is locked up or something. She walks as if she has a wooden leg. Stiff. But at least it appears there's no pain! Whew.
JUST KEEP MOVING! That's the only way *I* suggest anyone get through intense contractions and/or to just keep moving baby downward. Or would you be getting an epidural?   My sister's doula mostly assists in hospital labors and said legally you can request not to be hooked up to an IV and stuck in the bed, and you can waive the fetal monitor. They will probably still put an IV into your arm/hand and plug it just in case, but that way you wouldn't be stuck to a machine...
Nicole, how are you doing? What is the limit for your BP to reach? Sorry I forgot. I hope it goes back down! Are you on your feet a lot at work? Could work be adding stress to your body?