or Connect

Posts by atmommy

Thank you so much! I actually reached out to my doula for my second birth for reading material and she actually mentioned acupuncture as well. I may look into it. As much as I want another child, I definitely have fears and doubts about my body's ability. This is part of the reason I want to take a break. Thanks for the suggestion!
Well ladies, started bleeding yesterday.  It was just when I wiped but nothing on my liner so I thought, just maybe...  Well this morning, was heavier and it was dripping (sorry if TMI) so it's not looking good.  I actually feel different, as if I'm not pregnant.  Really sad and frustrated.  I just don't know if I want to try again right away.  Two losses in a row has really taken its toll on me.  I think I have to take a break and focus on getting myself where I want to...
We circumcised my first son without really thinking about it and I regret it.  With my second son, hubby was on the fence because he is circ'd but I didn't want to.   However, the birth center we used showed a video about circumcision as part of their birth course and afterwards my husband was decided that we would NOT circumcise and would not do it again.  Once you research and see what is done, you will really think twice because there is no medical need to circumcise.  
Right there with you all. Yesterday was 5 weeks and I woke this morning and was like "hello tummy". This is my 5th pregnancy but will be my 3rd child. We're not ready to announce because of previous miscarriages but my body has other plans! I have practically no maternity clothes! One pair of pants and two shirts. Oh boy:eyesroll
Isn't it amazing how things come full circle? My last miscarriage was in August and now I'm due in August! On another note, has anyone else woken up one morning to the hello baby tummy? Seriously, 5 weeks yesterday and I woke up this morning to tummy showing! Obviously we weren't planning to tell people yet but tummy has other plans! Maybe it's a sign to stop the anxiety attacks!
I'm loving all of the wonderful posts in this thread.     Unfortunately, my body failed the TP test today .  It is not a heavy flow or anything like that.  But naturally, I fear the worst.  It is so hard when you've gone through this times before to think "oh maybe it's just normal spotting".  I'm trying really hard to stay positive and think maybe a certain exercise I did caused some spotting, etc.  I guess at this point it is just wait and see and pray for the best....
Well, I jumped in with both feet and started prenatal exercises today.  I did some YouTube yoga/fitness videos.  I have about 5 prenatal exercise videos, two of which are still in plastic because I ordered them in August just before my miscarriage.  I can't bring myself to open them just yet and don't even get me started on maternity wear! But, this is a positive step towards positivity for me!
Isn't this the truth!  I am only about 5 weeks and this is a pregnancy following a loss (I've had a loss between each child, assuming this one is successful).  We would love to have 4 children.  It's funny because we homeschool and many of the families we encounter have 4+ children.  However, there are some that only have 1 or 2.  That being said, my DH and I both come from families with two children.  Both of my parents come from very large families 6+ children. However,...
I am with you both. I am extremely nervous when I go the bathroom and I have to check the paper. If I feel a twinge of anything I have to run to the bathroom and check. It's so annoying but it is definitely the after effects of experiencing losses. My husband's cousin is due with their third in August too and they have already told everyone. My first thought was "They've obviously never had a loss" lol. Grrr...so frustrating but I am trying to stay positive and sending...