or Connect

Posts by atmommy

I get notifications from Delmarva babywearers but have never attended.  I know they meet at the Birth Center, where I had my second son who is 3 months.  I was never sure if my 5 yo would be out of place since we homeschool and he would be with me...
I wondered the same thing when I first started joining online forums but I never asked!! Luckily someone translated one and that helped me figure it out :)
Thanks for sharing this.  It helps to know that I am not alone.  His napping is so sporadic that I never know what to expect from one day to the next.  I am a planner so this is an adjustment for me.  This evening, after much fussiness and about 1.5 hrs of napping sporadically all day, I nursed him on the couch and fell asleep.  I stayed there with him still latched and suckling and read to my son.  This lasted for 35 minutes.  It was nice to not feel so frustrated but I...
I agree ladies.  I don't actively share our cosleeping situation because of how people react and quite frankly I don't want to deal with it.  It's just sad that our society is still so judgmental over the things that are not considered the norm.  I think CIO is awful but I don't go around attacking people who do it.  I definitely have my opinion but for some reason people make you feel like its weird to co sleep.  Fact is, we have always co slept with my older son and...
I need some advice...   I co-sleep with my 3 month old.  He sleeps well at night, basically because I am there.  But during naptimes, it is difficult.  I feel like I am in and out of the room every 30 min or less because he is waking and fussing.  He hasn't slept enough b/c when I try to get him up he fusses.  I don't run in at the first sound but I definitely go to him if he begins to cry.  This is taking its toll on my 5 yo because he is left downstairs or in...
I am still trying to figure out why bedsharing/cosleeping is considered abnormal.  My MIL thinks is crazy that my almost 5 yo still sleeps in the same room.  He was in the same bed but after having a new babe in December, his writhing around became a bit hazardous.  So now, he has a mattress right next to the big bed.  He loves having his own space while still being in the room.  I'll admit, we bought a co sleeper to use with my baby but he hasn't touched it.  At 1 wk...
Hi Amy!  What town in PA?  We frequent there often!!
Okay, I am new here but I am going crazy.  I have an almost 5 year old boy and a 3 month old.  The last few months my oldest's behavior has spiraled.  I am thinking it has to do with the introduction of a new baby.  But, he is being downright mean sometimes.  He tells us he doesn't want us to be his parents, he says he doesn't like us, calls us stupid when he gets angry and will lose control over the tiniest (in my adult mind) thing.  Sometimes he sounds like a primal...
Is there anyone in or near Delaware?  I am right outside of Newark!   Maiesha
Hello everyone!  I am very glad to be here.My name is Maiesha and I have two wonderful boys born in March 2006 and December 2010.  I work from home teaching online, writing, and with a home-based business. I am located in Delaware.  I am looking forward to dive into the forums.   One question, how do I add a signature.  I followed the directions to look under my image gallery but when I go to my profile the image gallery doesn't show up.   Maiesha