or Connect

Posts by AnnaR

Those numbers are definitely encouraging.  I also had hcg tested but later on and they weren't _exactly_ doubling every two days, more like every 3 days.  As long as they are going up that is a good sign.  I will say the same thing people always say to me (I am a MAJOR worry-wart) which is hard to do, but it's the best advice:  Relax and take a breather, your body needs the energy to focus on growing that baby so the more rest and relaxation you can get the better.
Babies turn into "final" correct position generally between 36 and 40 weeks. If around that time baby is still not head down talk to your dr. about trying to do a shimmy to move baby into position.
Thanks for your responses, that makes me feel better and is encouraging.  I tend to be a bit of worry wart and given that he's been on the later side with several milestones I look at them even closer :/.  He hasn't started walking yet, though there's been definite progression, went from crawling to pulling up to cruising.  He is cruising and letting go of things to stand, just hasn't taken that first step.  I'm hoping when he finally does his language will improve...
bumping.. hoping someone could provide some insight?
Wondering if what I'm seeing with my 14 mo old DS is normal for age and/or if someone could suggest what I can do to encourage more language.  He doesn't seem to have a lot of complex babbling like switching syllables too often i.e. jargon, but he does say Mommy, Daddy on a regular basis.  I don't know if he means it as he does not call for me by saying "Mommy".  If my DH asks him, "where's mommy" he will point to me, and if I do the same for daddy he will also point to...
I don't have a recommendation for you regarding one in your area as I live on the opposite coast, however some words of encouragement...  Don't stress so much over this as not every "conventional" dentist will make you do flouride treatments, etc.  Just interview a few and let them know what you do or don't want and if they'd be fine with that.  Having had some dental work done myself I can tell you that if you find a reasonable one they won't question you why you do or...
I did some extensive reading on tummy issues recently myself.  Have you tried buttermilk or Kefir?  They are of course dairy, however in these two most the fats that cause intolerance from what I understand are already broken down, so they don't have the same negative effect as regular milk.  People say yogurt as it has the beneficial bacteria as well, but I believe buttermilk works better.  Edited, forgot to mention you don't have to give a lot only a few TBSPs  to 1/4...
Looking back at it now as much pressure as they put me under to do these things, in the end it is up to you.  It is your body, your child, and you have the power to say what you want or don't want.  Will she throw you out of the practice if you decline?  If there's only one midwife in the country I can't see that she could even do that.  Though maybe it depends on the country.
Wait ok, sorry I "lied", I just remembered that they did give me pain meds after too, but I never used them afterwards because nothing really hurt badly enough to have to take them.
  That term sounds scarier than it is.  It may be a bit more work for the dentist, and you may feel a little more pressure or small tugging, but from the patient's standpoint you really won't know the difference because you won't feel anything when he's working.  It may take a few minutes longer because in a "surgical" removal the tooth can come out in more than one piece.  I don't think that novicane or maybe some other local anasthetic would have been contraindicated...