or Connect

Posts by elmh23

This thread is almost 2 years old.
Well, I grew up in the late 80's and early 90's living in Los Angeles, where we most certainly had "smog days" where we weren't allowed to play outside at recess.    I've never heard of the Ozone warning system, so I'm just going to continue to not worry about it.  But, we had several weeks this last summer where the city was filled with smoke from several fires in the state.  Those days, we didn't go out at all.  We have swamp coolers here and the smoke did come in...
The reason she doesn't complain is because she isn't feeling the pain anymore, the nerves don't even bother responding.   My son has the opposite problem, chronic diarrhea.  It started when he was about 1 and was going strong until March when he was 4.  We took him off dairy and it did wonders, but he still had some issues.  We recently took him off gluten to see if that would help and it really did.  For the first time in his life, he'll complain that his tummy...
My husband refuses to talk names until the baby is born.  With my last baby, he spent maybe an hour or two of my labor (a 15 hour labor in which I didn't want to be touched) going through the name book.  He likes to think he names them, but really, every baby I've gotten the name that felt right to me.  As for this one, I have a girl name picked out and a boys middle name but not a first name.  Knowing me it could change so I won't say anything until he or she is born :)
Name: Elmh23 EDD: (estimated due date) April 6, 2012 #Pregnancy/baby: Fourth baby Your age/age at the birth: I'm 28 and will turn 29 two weeks before my edd. Family: me, dh, dd (almost 7), ds1 (4.5) and ds2 (almost 18 months) How long did it take to get your BFP: (big fat positive, were you trying/how long?) We weren't trying. Birth plans: Hospital without drugs (maybe some fentynol so I can rest a little) Goals/hopes for this pregnancy: a healthier...
This is my fourth and it's just different.  The first time, I worried about everything.  The second time, I worried about my daughter's reaction.  The third time, I worried about my son's reaction.  This time, I'm worrying about paying for Catholic School in 6 years (silly yes, but this one wasn't exactly planned and we were really hoping we'd only ever have three in private school at once.)   And I'm already wearing maternity clothes.  Some of it is I haven't lost...
One of my kids starts in 12 days and the other starts in 15 days and I cannot wait!  Both of them are bored out of their minds and they are both being unusually whiny and fighting with each other non-stop.  The baby has given up napping cause he doesn't want to miss anything.  I am so ready!
I'm currently nursing my 17 month old and trying to figure out how to wean.  I really just hope my supply goes away.  It has definitely gone down in the last couple weeks.  I nursed my oldest all through my second pregnancy and then tandemed for about 9 months.  I do not want to do that again!  Ds loves bottles and will happily take cow milk (only from a bottle, not a sippy) and formula.  I need to go to the store today and get some nice whole milk (all we have is 2%...
If you do not have joint custody or a court order saying no vaccinations, then you do not have any recourse.   Miriam, wow.  Just..... wow.
You seem really concerned about impeding on his "rights" but I think you're forgetting that by him hitting, he is impeding on your daughter's right not to live in an abusive home.  And the dog's right not to live in an abusive home.  Your daughter and dog have amazing self restraint in having not beaten the shit out of him yet, but you need to step up and work on getting it to STOP!