or Connect

Posts by elmh23

Check in to whether or not he'd still get services at the private school.  My speech-delayed kid isn't in school yet, but we send our kids to a Catholic school and the second he enters as a Kindergartener, we lose therapy.  
I didn't deliver at Pres (my babies were born at UNMH, home and Lovelace) but I have heard good things about Rebecca Leeman.  
We are selective and delayed vaxxers.  Dd was vaccinated on schedule.  The boys were vaccinated on schedule for DTaP and Polio (Pertussis and Polio scare the crap out of us) and are now being caught up on the regular schedule.  With ds1, we delayed the catch-up until 3 years old, but for ds2, we started at 12 months (last week :))   I don't understand the analogy of flame retardants and vaccines.  And yes, my kids wear flame resistance pjs because that's what they...
Here's my plan for this week:   Saturday- meat sauce over pasta (for dh and dd) and rice (for ds and I) Sunday- roast chicken, rice, veggies Monday- tacos Tuesday- crustless spinach and cheese quiche Wednesday- kielbasa, rice, veggie Thursday- home made pizza; grain free version for ds Friday- stuffed tomato/tuna sandwich for dh   It's only Monday, but the plan has already gone off kilter.  Saturday I ended up going out with friends so dh just made...
This is why we turned our oldest FFing at one.  Well, not to watch a DVD, we didn't have one in the car, but because seeing me made her stop screaming.  My dh worked all the time when she was little so if I didn't want to go crazy, she had to get in the car, which meant screaming cause she couldn't see me.   Now, both my boys have been chill in the car and ds1 stayed RFing until 2.5 when he figured out how to get out of his car seat straps no matter how tight it was (we...
I made her a breakfast that she wanted (cereal, yay!), sent donut holes for snack and then my mom came over for dinner (her pick) and we did ice cream and presents.
Sorry just saw you updated.  There are false positives on the blood test, and false negatives.  The only SURE way to know is to do an endoscopy.  I've been going down this road with ds1 for three years now.  Have you seen a ped GI?
Just know that if you want to test for Celiacs, she must be eating gluten.  If you go off gluten, it could delay the test for at least 6 weeks, possibly longer.
A&A, the OP is an unschooler, which means that they don't likely have any early morning commitments unless they are really wanted (in which case, the child would probably ask for an earlier bedtime.)   OP, my kid is only 6, but needs a lot of reminders with bedtime.  I have to tell her when to shower and when to brush her teeth and when to get in bed.  I was that way until I was probably 10 or so.  Dh on the other hand hasn't needed help from a parent in that way...
We are just now starting to get in to extracurricular activities.  Dd is 6, ds1 is almost 4 and ds2 is almost 1.   DD-   Ballet & Modern Dance- $60 for 5 classes or $14 a class (you can choose not to go some days or not, very relaxed.) Girl Scouts- $17 a year, $2 a month of dues (which she does chores for.)   DS1-   I've been trying to set up private lessons at the university, but they haven't been getting back to me.  I think the cost for this will be...